Why become a member? ×

Current Earworm...

MacDaddy

7 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Bombers - Tubeway Army....especially the intro section.

Oddly enough I was just listening to the first Tubeway Army album and now I’m listening to Bombers, I know what you mean about the intro, assuming you are referring to the live version..?

Edited by Frank Blank
Sirens

2 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Oddly enough I was just listening to the first Tubeway Army album and now I’m listening to Bombers, I know what you mean about the intro, as long as you are referring to the live version..?

Oooh, never heard that.  Nah I was referring to the original album version.  I like the way the bassline subtly changes after the lead in and changes the whole feel of the song.

This album by Chris Watson. 

Chris has worked as the sound recordist for many of the David Attenborough programmes, and is also a member of Cabaret Voltaire.

He has an amazing knowledge and ability when it comes to field recording, something I’m passionate about.

https://chriswatsonreleases.bandcamp.com/album/stepping-into-the-dark

Edited by ambient

Rodgers & Hart - " Lover "

-from the 1932 film " Love Me Tonight " , because it is the last track on Dodo Marmarosa's album which I played this morning , where the tune is retitled as " Cosmo Street ". The 1947 recording ( album title " Dodo Marmarosa " ) was the first to feature jazz 'cello by bassist Harry Babasin .
A catchy choon . Pizz cello solo at 2:17

7 hours ago, ambient said:

This album by Chris Watson. 

Chris has worked as the sound recordist for many of the David Attenborough programmes, and is also a member of Cabaret Voltaire.

He has an amazing knowledge and ability when it comes to field recording, something I’m passionate about.

https://chriswatsonreleases.bandcamp.com/album/stepping-into-the-dark

Chris Watson is one of the outstanding field recordists of all time. Cabaret Voltaire were never quite as good after he left.

• Like 2

Apologies before I start...we have a dog in our pack called "Lola". Fellow dog walker, knowing about songs getting stuck in my head, will resort to singing a single line at me....not The Kinks, but Barry facking Manilow's "Copacabana"...

Sorry if you now have this infesting your grey matter...