Jump to content
MacDaddy

Current Earworm...

Recommended Posts

Sugar Daddy - Fleetwood Mac.

Trying to work out that great bass line, now I cant get it out of my head. 😢

 

Edited by Hobbayne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Bombers - Tubeway Army....especially the intro section.

Oddly enough I was just listening to the first Tubeway Army album and now I’m listening to Bombers, I know what you mean about the intro, assuming you are referring to the live version..?

 

Edited by Frank Blank
Sirens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky High by Culture Shock,

Off to Cornwall tomorrow to see them so hoping it'll be in the set list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Oddly enough I was just listening to the first Tubeway Army album and now I’m listening to Bombers, I know what you mean about the intro, as long as you are referring to the live version..?

 

Oooh, never heard that.  Nah I was referring to the original album version.  I like the way the bassline subtly changes after the lead in and changes the whole feel of the song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Oooh, never heard that.  Nah I was referring to the original album version.  I like the way the bassline subtly changes after the lead in and changes the whole feel of the song.

This one..?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This album by Chris Watson. 

Chris has worked as the sound recordist for many of the David Attenborough programmes, and is also a member of Cabaret Voltaire.

He has an amazing knowledge and ability when it comes to field recording, something I’m passionate about.

 

https://chriswatsonreleases.bandcamp.com/album/stepping-into-the-dark

Edited by ambient

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers & Hart - " Lover "

-from the 1932 film " Love Me Tonight " , because it is the last track on Dodo Marmarosa's album which I played this morning , where the tune is retitled as " Cosmo Street ". The 1947 recording ( album title " Dodo Marmarosa " ) was the first to feature jazz 'cello by bassist Harry Babasin .
A catchy choon . Pizz cello solo at 2:17

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ambient said:

This album by Chris Watson. 

Chris has worked as the sound recordist for many of the David Attenborough programmes, and is also a member of Cabaret Voltaire.

He has an amazing knowledge and ability when it comes to field recording, something I’m passionate about.

 

https://chriswatsonreleases.bandcamp.com/album/stepping-into-the-dark

Chris Watson is one of the outstanding field recordists of all time. Cabaret Voltaire were never quite as good after he left.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it ear worm if you like it? At the moment I am continually humming Gone away by The Offspring but I love it so alls good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies before I start...we have a dog in our pack called "Lola". Fellow dog walker, knowing about songs getting stuck in my head, will resort to singing a single line at me....not The Kinks, but Barry facking Manilow's "Copacabana"...

Sorry if you now have this infesting your grey matter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, it's been lodged there for a few days now.

Edited by ead
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...