Why become a member? ×

G&L L2000 Tribute - SOLD
£350

SamPlaysBass

Chances are you've read the reviews, seen the videos and read the endorsement from Jesus Christ himself.

Here is my G&L L2000 Tribute. It's an amazing instrument, built in 2011 and had its final QC inspection on the 19th of January 2012 - the sticker is still on the back. Indonesian made but with American built pickups and hardware, with build quality comparable to its American made brethren. Beautiful finish - 3-tone sunburst over a Swamp Ash body with a clear satin neck finish very similar to my MusicMan StingRay. Pickups sound incredible, with the most articulate and beefy circuitry I've ever come across at any price point. EQ is very easy to use - I'm not sure why manufacturers don't use similar setups. It's also much lighter than my StingRay, and kicks a little bit harder. 

It was set up a earlier this year with 45-105 D'Addarios which are mellowing nicely (the bright switch is there if you want to slice eyebrows off) and plays with a low, but not crazy low, action. I'd say it's in 8.5-9/10 condition with a few surface scratches on the back and absolutely nothing else. Collection or trial welcome from Quakers Yard, Merthyr Tydfil in South Wales. Not keen on shipping, but if you are very interested I can meet within an hour or so of CF46. Try me, what's the worst that can happen! 

I would trade for a nice P bass, with cash either way for the right one (preferably anything other than a MiM Standard Precision. All makes considered though!). 

Cheers,

Sam 

IMG_8105.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

Edited by Williams4S

Very true, the old advert with the great man himself! It's a fantastic piece of wood. I've compared it with the grain on my Squier Fretless Jazz and the difference is amazing; it's like a well tailored tux next to a Kappa track suit! G&L smashes anything out of the park, but the ol' GAS is heading for a P bass. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic