Why become a member? ×

I thought Schack weren't making basses anymore.

bubinga5

They have been back in production for a while now. I'm very glad to see this as I think they are stunning instruments.

It's also good to see that they're back making carbon fibre necked basses. They used to use SKC necks made by Stefan Heß of SKC Bogart Blackstone fame. When Stefan closed his business, Schack went to making wooden necked instruments exclusively, presumably because they had no other supplier. With both companies back in action, it looks as though they have resumed that relationship. I recognise the neck profile and weave as being Stefan's work. I've never played a B2 but I know that neck will be flat and fast with a smooth satin finish. Man, I want one!

carbon-headless-1.jpg

5 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

I've never played a B2 but I know that neck will be flat and fast with a smooth satin finish. Man, I want one!

I had a carbon neck B2 and yes the board was fairly flat but I recall the neck finish was obvs smooth but don't recall it being satin or slippy/silky; it had quite a glossy neck and I've had wooden necked/lacquered basses that were slicker.  

I may have been wrong. Those B2's are rarer than a clean sheet in a nursing home so I may never see one. Looking at them in pictures though, the newest B2's do appear to have a satin finish as I would expect. Some of the older B2'S and Clover Slapper basses have a shiny gel-coat type finish similar to Status. 

Edited by Chris2112