Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB6pII SOLD
£1400

TJ Spicer

Yamaha TRB6pII £1400

Bought 2 years ago from The Gallery. It's a killer bass and super versatile with the piezo. The reason it's for sale is simply that I feel my MTD covers a lot of the ground that this bass covered, and I can't really justify having that many 'contemporary' style basses when they mostly get used in my own fusion project. 

It's in good condition, it was clearly gigged a lot before I owned it as the fretboard needed a good clean and I've gigged it quite a bit myself! A few dings particularly on the headstock from before I purchased it (I'm not sure how as I've never managed to hit the headstock on anything!). These can be seen in the photos.

It's definitely not a 'light' bass, but something with this much wood really can't be expected to be, can it?

Collection preferred, from Maidenhead (or Bath until October, by arrangement), but shipping is possible. It comes with a hard case, which I don't remember being original but I'll check (I never use hard cases...). 

Thank you for looking! 

T

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1774.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

Edited by TJ Spicer

10 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

I’ve played a couple of these and they are extraordinary. The tone is incredible, very versatile and the piezo adds an extra dimension. They’re near the top of the tree of any custom 6-string and a bargain at this price. GLWTS!

They really are custom-level instruments! 

• 1 month later...

Lovely bass - you've had some awesome Yamahas (I know as I'm the very proud owner of your BBNE2 :) )

If this was a 5 string TRB5pii I would have bitten your hand off!

Which obviously would neither have been welcome nor helpful for your bass playing career.

Edited by Al Krow

54 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Lovely bass - you've had some awesome Yamahas (I know as I'm the very proud owner of your BBNE2 :) )

If this was a 5 string TRB5pii I would have bitten your hand off!

Which obviously would neither have been welcome nor helpful for your bass playing career.

Coming from a family of Yamaholics it was always going to be the way! I hope she’s serving you well! 

That extra string will always be the sticking point for some, but I love having a 6 in the arsenal for compositional purposes, and I’m sure the right person is out there lurking! 

Thank you for holding back, as you say, possibly the biggest career deal breaker 😂