Why become a member? ×

My new Bass creation

Sidlanir

On 03/11/2019 at 12:30, Sidlanir said:

E7456B4E-16BC-4180-A7AB-5F1E2BFE3606_1_105_c.jpeg

I've always wanted to do a zero fret, but never quite dared.  I don't know what template you use for slotting, but most are designed for fretboards that are cut off or Fender style, rather that a zero fret (which effectively lengthens the scale length by half the kerf width of the saw).  How is the intonation?  I'm guessing the extra 0.3mm doesn't make much difference....

10 hours ago, honza992 said:

I've always wanted to do a zero fret, but never quite dared.  I don't know what template you use for slotting, but most are designed for fretboards that are cut off or Fender style, rather that a zero fret (which effectively lengthens the scale length by half the kerf width of the saw).  How is the intonation?  I'm guessing the extra 0.3mm doesn't make much difference....

Hi , I don't use a template for slotting , but is done on my CNC machine....

The Zero fret replace the nut on a Fender style bass.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

There are many very nice features in this build.  Some great stuff going on here.

Many thanks, the more time I spent in building basses , I try to find new ways in doing something different .... EvoluZione of the bass ....