Why become a member? ×

EQD Hummingbird - anybody got one?

GazWills

Hi, does anybody have an EQD hummingbird trem? Picked one up this week but I think it’s faulty...

to any fellow hummingbird owners, if you set the depth to full (maximum chop!) and rate at slowest (in mode 1), does your bass signal totally cut to mute between repeats, or is there always some bleed of your bass signal through the pedal,  no matter how high the depth is set?

based on reviews and EQD ads, I assumed it would cut the sound entirely between repeats, but mine doesn’t...

many thanks!

Edited by GazWills

Gaz, just checked mine. I could also hear some bleed. I couldn't notice it on all settings and I've got the most recent one (v4?) But I think it's always there and part of the design.

When I raise the level to maximum, the "bleed" is about the same volume as my bypass tone. Not an issue for me but not a dead silence tremolo between the gaps. 

Thanks for bringing it up though as I had only played mine once since getting it and it's actually awesome

9 hours ago, Dosi Y'Anarchy said:

Gaz, just checked mine. I could also hear some bleed. I couldn't notice it on all settings and I've got the most recent one (v4?) But I think it's always there and part of the design.

When I raise the level to maximum, the "bleed" is about the same volume as my bypass tone. Not an issue for me but not a dead silence tremolo between the gaps. 

Thanks for bringing it up though as I had only played mine once since getting it and it's actually awesome

Cheers fella, yep it’s a cracking pedal. Not much use at slower speeds as it lets so much clean signal through, but excellent in mode 2 :)

least I know mine isn’t faulty!

Edited by GazWills

I love trem myself. It’s a lovely thing!  The Chase bliss one is real nice. Goes very choppy. Essentially the harmonic trem is less obvious on bass and the ramping / presets is probably again less bass friendly. For me anyway. 

The spectravibe does both trem and vibe, lots of vibe options. I like the trem as it’s tap tempo (foot switches not as close as the chase bliss, better for big feet) and switchable between triangle and sawtooth/ramped to make more chop. It has a gain setting to grit things up a bit, mix control etc. Plus it’s a sexy looking pedal. 

• Like 1

Chase Bliss do seem to make some of the most highly rated analogue pedals out there; but that quality invariably come at price: their Gravitas tremolo is literally double the price of the EQD.

But looking at the feature set they're offering on the Gravitas, it does look like it's worth every bit extra so thanks (or maybe not!) for bringing it to our attention @tonyxtiger :) 

Chase Bliss Audio Gravitas Analog Tremolo Pedal

• Like 1

The Gravitas is a ridiculously lovely pedal, the Chase Bliss stuff is pricey but I honestly think they are a top tier company and the value for money is actually pretty good when you consider the range of sounds available from each pedal.

For example the Warped Vinyl hifi does a lush chorus, great wobbly vibrato and evens gets phasey at certain settings.

The Moog Ring Modulator also has a lush tremolo at lower settings, I seem to recall it could go pretty choppy as well but I haven't used it for that in quite a while.