Why become a member? ×

Loop switching - any recommended?

tonyf

I'm looking at making some changes to my pedalboard to improve both the "programmability" and the efficiency of the wiring/power.

The board has the following:

• Line6 M9
  • Future Impact
  • Source Audio Bass Envelope Filter Pro
  • MXR Octave
  • MXR Envelope Filter
  • Yamaha wireless
  • EBS Microbass II DI/Pre
  • TC Electronic Spectracomp

image.png.f84739ccf4d2fb5de801b9d778ecc63a.png

One of the things I'm thinking of investing in is a loop switch, particularly one with MIDI switching for the M9, Source Audio and Future Impact. 

TBH, the Boss ES-8 looks awesome but I'm a little hesitant to spend THAT amount of cash on it. The ES-5 looks better but I'm worried about the amount of loops I'd need. Alternatively, at the other end of the scale, there's the JOYO PXL Live. In the middle somewhere is the mobile app controlled Hotone Cybery which looks great but with only 4 loops, I'd need a couple of them chained to give me enough loops.

Anyone using one or can recommend one?

I've not used, but you seen this? Harley Benton. FXL8 Pro. Boxed. Excellent condition £90 and a fraction of the cost of the ES-8

I bought @bassfan's (who is the guy selling the FXL8 Pro - he's a really good chap) FI off him and also have a couple of SA pedals on my board, so I'll be interested to see what you eventually go for as I suspect avoiding midi control is something I won't manage to do forever :) 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I've not used, but you seen this? Harley Benton. FXL8 Pro. Boxed. Excellent condition £90 and a fraction of the cost of the ES-8

Have just dropped him a message.

The HB/JOYO's are well reviewed. Looks to be a good option.

Thanks for the heads up 🙂

The joyo is a great place to start. I used one for about a year before upgrading to the es8

The joyo is a bit of a monster to edit on the fly. You really need to invest some time to learn its menus. But it's fully capable once you understand the thing. 

The es8 is a whole new level above. The key features that are a benifit to me are reordering pedals, and ease of on the fly edits and computer editing and backup. But there's so much more it can do besides that.

I'm not actually using my es8 anymore since I got a helix. I really should get round to selling it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GisserD said:

The joyo is a great place to start. I used one for about a year before upgrading to the es8

The joyo is a bit of a monster to edit on the fly. You really need to invest some time to learn its menus. But it's fully capable once you understand the thing. 

The es8 is a whole new level above. The key features that are a benifit to me are reordering pedals, and ease of on the fly edits and computer editing and backup. But there's so much more it can do besides that.

I'm not actually using my es8 anymore since I got a helix. I really should get round to selling it! 

Do love the ES-8, it's an absolute monster switcher. More than anything, like with the scribble strips on the Helix full-fat opposed to the LT, aside from all the brilliant functionality, I love the fact that it's got a display to label patches.

Bad timing (for me) that you mention selling it though, I've just brought @bassfan's FLX Pro!! 😄