Why become a member? ×

Amplitube and Vst plugins

thundachopz

I had a crazy week around 6 months ago when I purchased every Bass amp/cab available just after they brought out the SVX2 range of Ampegs which included the B-15N Heritage ,V-4B and the SVT V-R and it is those along with the B-15R and obviously the SVT Classic that I use the most. I found it better to use just one Mic especially for recording which is the Dynamic 57 which is based on the Shure 57 because some of the cab settings have two mics as standard which are usually the 57 and a Condenser mic which I think muddies the sound too much.

I like some of the effect pedals too like the Ampeg Compressor and well known distortion pedals like the Pro Rat and the OCD. I also get great results running the transformer DI out from my Ampeg PF20-T amp into my interface then using just the cabs in amplitube without their matched amps.The Ampeg cab models are the best but there is an Orange Bass cab and a Trace Elliot which sound great. Just remember to get plenty of input on the meter bottom left and try not to raise the Master volume bottom right only as a last resort. There are plenty of options with Amplitube and some of the Presets are really good, but some of the presets require you to purchase certain pedals, but these can be demoed for 3 days before you decide to purchase or not.

Overall I like it and prefer it to Guitar Rig 5.

Edited by RedVee

Sonalqsis Freeg  trim / meter plug-in to optimise the input level> (Optional: FerricTDS comp / saturation to catch peaks) > TSE BOD or Helian Bass > (Optional: Room Machine 844 room reverb sim) > your choice of channel processing.

All free / these are just some that I like / other freebie sims are available

• Thanks 1

On 22/09/2018 at 18:43, skankdelvar said:

Sonalqsis Freeg  trim / meter plug-in to optimise the input level> (Optional: FerricTDS comp / saturation to catch peaks) > TSE BOD or Helian Bass > (Optional: Room Machine 844 room reverb sim) > your choice of channel processing.

All free / these are just some that I like / other freebie sims are available

Thanks will give em a go!

• Thanks 1