Why become a member? Read more... ×
mrtcat

App for set lists

Is anyone using an app for set lists on a tablet? Trying to remove all paper from the stage and singer is digging heels in a bit. He always has notes on the floor around his feet. Is there an app he can put on his tablet to organise his word sheets into set lists?

2 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

That looks just the ticket! awesome thank you.

No problem, we’ve used it for a few years and it’s such a well thought out app. Has made setlist and lyric recall so much easier.

53 minutes ago, Acebassmusic said:

I use Set List Helper and its been great for my needs. You could also buy a big stage fan to help with getting rid of his notes....:biggrin:

😆

Just adding to the list for others wanting suggestions too, I'm using DeepDish Gig Book on ipad. I liked it better than some of the alternatives but it's probably down to preference and personal ease of use.

Of course there is an app these days - great idea! I remember in the 90s when another band on the bill were knocking my band because we had typed set lists!

I suddenly feel like a bit of a dinosaur!

Written (ok, typed) set-lists are a must, we often have people asking for them. Wouldn`t do to be giving tablets away.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Written (ok, typed) set-lists are a must, we often have people asking for them. Wouldn`t do to be giving tablets away.

Agreed, we always end up giving set lists away & certainly can't afford to buy an ipad let alone give them away.

This thread makes our method of writing the songs on an old cereal box and pulling them out as the occasion suits, positively antiquated :D

Yes, really.

Oh, and learning the lyrics - but that's a topic that's been done to death already

our front guy uses 'lyric pad' on his tablet. Works well and slowly scrolls the lyrics once they've been opened. 

I use "On Song". can be shared around every band member if required.

Not the cheapest but worth the money IMO

'On song' is pretty comprehensive for lyrics, chord sheets, setlists. You can sync all band members tablets together, project lyrics to a big screen, connect your pc for editing. It does metronomes, audio playback, quick key changes etc. etc. etc.

I only use a tiny part of it's fuctionality but it's good.

3 minutes ago, Blink said:

I use "On Song". can be shared around every band member if required.

Not the cheapest but worth the money IMO

snap!!