Why become a member? ×

Sandberg SL Superlight now available for order. 6.6lb!!

fretmeister

I have raised the pickups a bit - I'm used to an Aguilar P in my main bass so the Js are a bit quiet in comparison. Just raised them to balance it a bit when swapping basses.

Tomorrow will be the first time in about 8 years that I've used a 4 string. There will be wrong notes! :D 

Rehearsal went like a dream. Needed to re-eq my amp a lot from my usual bass (mostly P pickup) but once I got it dialed in... lovely!

Used an Octave pedal to deal with not having a B string and all was good. Very punchy indeed.

Did 1 slap tune this morning - Uptown Funk. Had the B3K circuit on my M900 on a little bit for a touch of grit and it sounded massive.

Also did Superstition;

Havana;

In the mood;

Zoot Suit Riot; 

Don't stop me now;

and probably something else I can't remember right now.

It really sits in the mix well. I've got 1 more rehearsal before the easter concert so I'm thinking of gigging it.

• Like 2

You have to gig it.

Its quality - it’s made by sandberg, the pick ups are phenomenal, and it’s über light - so light you could go back to lugging tube amps to make up for lost weight!

I don’t slap and this bass made me want to - Bring the Power Back RATM sounds mint on it

really happy for you!

• 1 month later...