Why become a member? ×

Sandberg SL Superlight now available for order. 6.6lb!!

fretmeister

Specs from their facebook page:

California SL TT4, blackburst
SL = SuperLight
Body: ceder
Neck & fingerboard: Norway maple
Pickups: Black Label
Electronics: 2Bd EQ
Aluminum machine heads, control plate & knobs
Weight: 2,995 kg

Will be matt finishes (and maybe aged) only as apparently Cedar isn't dense enough for high gloss.

Looks very nice to me!

41965070_2239836142694634_25677683685347

42208868_10211730621170619_4850684125062

• Like 4

Sandberg are not really offering high gloss finishes any more regardless of density, although I am sure if a customer wants they will do it.

Played it - no neck dive and bloody brilliant a well balanced, full and punchy sounding bass with excellent snappy attack and glorious sustain.

• Like 1

Just now, Cuzzie said:

Sandberg are not really offering high gloss finishes any more regardless of density, although I am sure if a customer wants they will do it.

Played it - no neck dive and bloody brilliant a well balanced, full and punchy sounding bass with excellent snappy attack and glorious sustain.

You’ve played an SL?

@HazBeen cool thing about their control plates/pickguards no matter the colour (as in if its not silver, it’s the same colour as the rest of the pickguard) is that they all are removable at that junction with the knobs making changing electronics a dream not having to remove the whole plate. This is for all their variants

Its the little things you add all together that make it a well thought out bass across the range 

But I suppose it suits the new shape better

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 2

I'm not a big Delano fan tbh.  My VS now has a Nordy NP4 in and the incoming TT will be getting a set of Bartolini B Axis p/ups as an experiment as I've not tried them before and have picked up a pre-loved set for not much money.

I'm not sure whether my latest TT4 has Black label pickups or the older ones but they're pretty amazing. I have a set of Nordstrand in the drawer that I was ready to put in but I'm so impressed with the Sandberg passive J's there's no way I'd change them. 

With my VS4, I made it passive and put some EMG Geezer Butlers in. Very old school tone.

• Like 2