Why become a member? ×

Best Heckle

uk_lefty

On 17/09/2018 at 19:33, Dood said:

Many years ago, I played in a band with the very talented worldwide talent that is Andy James, with Matt Goom on drums (ex-Quireboys, ex-Glenn Hughes). 

We had just slammed our way through a covers set and being as our singer and guitarist both loved a bit of Bon Jovi, we finished with "It's My Life".

Last note punched out when out dashed behind us (via the toilet next to the stage) Papa Lazarou shouting, "It's MAaaaaaaa Wiiiiife, now!"

The funniest thing ever and also the most profound upstaging I've ever experienced!

Wc0.jpg

Small world. Matt Goom drummed in my very first band back in the late 1980s. I only just googled him when I recognised the name in your post. I had no idea he'd gone so far. He was a well known local scene player at the time and definitely slumming it with us even then!

On 19/09/2018 at 09:53, Newfoundfreedom said:

The best one I ever saw was at an Iron Maiden gig. They were being supported by a then (and probably still) little known band called Funeral for a Friend (catchy huh). They were a bunch of fresh faced young lads about 18 or 19 playing to an arena full of Maiden fans who just wanted to see the main act, and they were being heckled mercilessly and having things thrown at them by a couple of hundred hard core Maiden fans right at the front of the stage. Three or four songs in and they were going down like a turd sandwich at a buffet. At which point the singer who was about as old as my favourite socks, walked to the front of the stage, stared straight at the offending crowd, lifted the mic, and in a level voice said "F#ck you! I'm 19 years old and I'm up here supporting Iron Maiden, and any one of you f#ckers would give your right arm to be where I am now", at which point an almighty cheer erupted across the whole arena, the band started playing the next song and all the offending Maiden fans started moshing along. The rest of their set was absolutely brilliant! I've never before or since seen anyone turn a crowd like that. Absolutely legendary! 

FFAF bass player is on here , i'm sure he would remember that 😁 

• Like 1

On 01/10/2018 at 11:11, Muzz said:

A self-heckle from our singist/guitard after a particularly inept go at the solo from Smells Like Teen Spirit: "Cheers. The more observant of you might have noticed I ran out of talent half way through the solo, there..." 🙂

Ahhh that can only be Noel :P

Best heckle I've done to my own singer on stage was "We've had a request... and sorry, he's going to continue performing!"