Why become a member? ×

Best Heckle

uk_lefty

Inspired by the "worst ever gig" thread, What's the best Heckle you've ever had? Meaning funniest, weirdest, best timed, etc? 

Mine, in other thread, wasn't a heckle as such but while doing a solo acoustic spot in one of those cosmically aligned timings where everyone in a rowdy pub is quiet at the same time I heard "he's a good guitarist but stinky poo singer!" And the offender was.... My own Dad!  

Edited by uk_lefty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, uk_lefty said:

Inspired by the "worst ever gig" thread, What's the best Heckle you've ever had? Meaning funniest, weirdest, best timed, etc? 

Mine, in other thread, wasn't a heckle as such but while doing a solo acoustic spot in one of those cosmically aligned timings where everyone in a rowdy pub is quiet at the same time I heard "he's a good guitarist but stinky poo singer!" And the offender was.... My own Dad!  

So the classic comeback of "Thanks Dad" wouldn't quite have worked!

Many years ago, I played in a band with the very talented worldwide talent that is Andy James, with Matt Goom on drums (ex-Quireboys, ex-Glenn Hughes). 

We had just slammed our way through a covers set and being as our singer and guitarist both loved a bit of Bon Jovi, we finished with "It's My Life".

Last note punched out when out dashed behind us (via the toilet next to the stage) Papa Lazarou shouting, "It's MAaaaaaaa Wiiiiife, now!"

The funniest thing ever and also the most profound upstaging I've ever experienced!

Wc0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Having spent many a year playing the "social clubs" I have heard many of the classics..

"play summat we know" was a regular in the Yorkshire clubs, followed with "play summat ya know" of course.

" can you play over the hills and far away" was quite clever.

At a club in Leicester they had the habit of placing written request on the edge of the stage. One night a quite pleasant looking young lady handed a request to our ,rather fabulous female singer...she really was very good indeed....... Her face paled when she read it and she went rather quiet for a while. At the break she showed us the note it read..." Can you flip off you are stinky poo!" ( I realise that the profanity filter will play havoc with that but you'll get the drift).😉

We were enjoying quite a joyous response with calls for a third encore at a club in one south Yorkshire town ( forget which) with the compare asking if they should let us play on some more an unusually packed crowd were all shouting yes when, in a lull, a loud very Yorkshire voice shouted out... "Don't forget we have the last house of Bingo to play!"

We did the encore, with very little enthusiasm and walked straight off at the end despite shouts for further songs....Support to the Bingo, highlight of my life.😎

11 minutes ago, thepurpleblob said:

Just this weekend... (to set the scene we are all 'mature' and have got pretty good gear)... "you lot certainly know how to spend money!!"

"yes, we bought instruments this time but normally yo momma earns it off me by the hour" 

best make sure the lady concerned is not in the room at the time.

Unless she laughs in which case its okay

Edited by Geek99

Was doing a gig when this youg lady, at least 30 years younger than me started to heckle. I informed her that I was wearing the latest Lynx deodorant and would she like to get closer to the stage for a whif. She duly did and immediately roared into the mic "it smells more like old spice to me"

Edited by leroydiamond
  • Haha 1

My best heckle was when I played  gig in a pub that had been taken over by bikers, the landlord told us absolutely no encores and we must finish at 11:00.

End of the second set they are all shouting for more, we get the nod from the landlord that we can do one more song.

Guitarist ( who doesn't like encores) "ok, you've twisted my arm , we'll do one more"

Voice from the crowd " We'll twist your f*****g head if you don't.

14 minutes ago, cetera said:

Heckling the audience can be fun too!

"There are some beautiful women in the house tonight!"
To the woman leaning on the stage at the front.... "Go on love, turn around, take a look...!" 😂😂

To a woman wearing all black who had a really loud, raucous laugh

'Don't clap like that love or I might throw you a fish'.