Why become a member? ×

El Cheapo Fretless

Bridgehouse

Having dived firmly into the fretless pool, surfaced, had a paddle, done some front crawl, a bit of backstroke, and decided my breast stroke needs a lot of work on it - and having not drowned, but managed to stay afloat, tread water, and even make it to the side without incident or losing my trunks.... I think I'd like to get an el cheapo fretless for taking out and about for the more, um, tasty venues....

Broadly I'd like lined, or at least side line markers (which the shuker has and I'm fine with that) and I think relatively lightweight. I do like oddball, semi hollow and other weirdness as well, mind..

Suggestions?

I have a Harley Benton Fretless sunburst Jazz. Silly cheap new and even better deal secondhand if you look around. Plays great, well made (neck joint is tighter than I have seen in 2k Fenders) and I think it looks superb. For the price you can use it to fend of drunken idiots on a Saturday night and not worry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1