Why become a member? ×

Why is there no Gallery for the "Build Diary" thread?

TheGreek

There have been lots of really nice instruments built here so why is there no (pinned?) gallery where users can just view the handiwork of our own builders?

Some days I'd just like to look at some pictures of the builds for design ideas without having to trawl through all the threads. May act as inspiration for some too.

• Like 4

I'd need to speak to @Andyjr1515 and find out how to take decent photos first! But I'd be quite happy to add any pictures of my builds if folk are interested. 

I know what you mean @TheGreek, it would almost like a coffee table book that you can you just scroll though and look at the pictures. Be nice for reference and inspiration.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can start one! 

I try to avoid pinning threads unless they're important rules and so forth. They're useful for reference but pinning a discussion topic is normally the best way to get the topic ignored. People just glance past them and see what's current instead. 

So yes all in favour of a 'show us yer builds' type thread. 

On 16/09/2018 at 23:50, ped said:

You can start one! 

I try to avoid pinning threads unless they're important rules and so forth. They're useful for reference but pinning a discussion topic is normally the best way to get the topic ignored. People just glance past them and see what's current instead. 

So yes all in favour of a 'show us yer builds' type thread. 

Thing is, a 'photos only' thread simply won't stay on track; it'll just end up as a vanity thing because members won't be able to resist show-boating their other gear as well (look elsewhere).  A good percentage of the threads on this site rarely stick to the content of the original post.

If it was simply builds and builds only, then fine, I'm on board, but I'd give it less than a week before it all starts going wrong!

8 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Thing is, a 'photos only' thread simply won't stay on track; it'll just end up as a vanity thing because members won't be able to resist show-boating their other gear as well (look elsewhere).  A good percentage of the threads on this site rarely stick to the content of the original post.

If it was simply builds and builds only, then fine, I'm on board, but I'd give it less than a week before it all starts going wrong!

That's why I'm adverse to pinning it - we don't have the ability to have a gallery per se, although I suppose someone could make a Flickr one or similar and post the link here?