Why become a member? ×

Bass Opportunity for The Maension, L.A. California

yorks5stringer

This is from an ad currently running in JMB: comments?....

US Billboard charting artist looking for bassist -Rock/Metal Los Angeles / UK

This opportunity is for a bassist who can commit to touring for several months at the time and sign a contract with the band.

In the last 4 years the band played 400+ shows in 16 countries and is a US Billboard charting artist.

This opportunity is open to musicians regardless of what country/city they live in, since the band is out on the road traveling most of the year.

The next leg of the World Tour will start October 26, 2018 in Italy and finish December 18 in UK, to then restart in April/May in USA and Canada.

The right candidate must be able to leave his living/working situation behind or have enough flexibility to be gone from home for several months out of the year.

As the band is independent any new member will be required to also handle many business tasks besides just playing their instrument, so we require a certain level of computer skills, good team work, patience and a willingness to learn and help the band succeed further.

This is for career oriented musicians. No amateurs, no session musicians looking for a quick buck. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make that music career a reality, but you have to be in touch with reality (99% of musicians aren't) and make your move fast while the opportunity lasts.

TO APPLY REPLY BY FILLING THESE QUESTIONS & FORWARD IT TO:

([email protected])

YOUR NAME:
YOUR BEST PHOTO (link):
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
YOUR LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING OF THE MUSIC BUSINESS (strictly the business part) (1-10):
REASON FOR FAILURE OF YOUR PREVIOUS PROJECTS:
FAVORITE ROCK BAND:
FAVORITE METAL BAND:
FAVORITE ELECTRONIC BAND:
FAVORITE BASSIST:
DRIVING SKILLS (1-10):
COMMUNICATION SKILLS (1-10):

Edited by yorks5stringer

Hi mum……………..yes, everything’s fine…………….well, we’re three months into the tour now, and we’re playing the little town of Bullethole, Texas tonight……………..yes, I’m just fine, and I know I’m not allowed to leave the tour bus and the guitarist is right when he says he’s the King of The Lizard people, praise His name,   …………………no, no, I’m not being brainwashed…..must go, we have two hours of prayers to do before we go on stage…………………

Edited by musicbassman
language

12 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Yeh, well I found this:

There's something a bit odd about that clip.

There's a quite a lot of it where what the guitarist and bass player appear to be playing doesn't seem to be the same thing that's coming out of the PA.

And what's all that strumming the strings halfway up the neck about?

Edited by Cato

Sod it! I'm applying.

YOUR NAME:

Zod The Destroyer (stage name obviously. My real name is just Zod)

YOUR BEST PHOTO (link):

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-gurner-from-the-annual-world-gurning-festival-in-cumbria-uk-known-3936055.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=D47B0987-6837-43C9-8FA5-A823F6AACF22&p=5913&n=0&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=0&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo%3dbar%26st%3d0%26pn%3d1%26ps%3d100%26sortby%3d2%26resultview%3dsortbyPopular%26npgs%3d0%26qt%3dgurning%26qt_raw%3dgurning%26lic%3d3%26mr%3d0%26pr%3d0%26ot%3d0%26creative%3d%26ag%3d0%26hc%3d0%26pc%3d%26blackwhite%3d%26cutout%3d%26tbar%3d1%26et%3d0x000000000000000000000%26vp%3d0%26loc%3d0%26imgt%3d0%26dtfr%3d%26dtto%3d%26size%3d0xFF%26archive%3d1%26groupid%3d%26pseudoid%3d%26a%3d%26cdid%3d%26cdsrt%3d%26name%3d%26qn%3d%26apalib%3d%26apalic%3d%26lightbox%3d%26gname%3d%26gtype%3d%26xstx%3d0%26simid%3d%26saveQry%3d%26editorial%3d1%26nu%3d%26t%3d%26edoptin%3d%26customgeoip%3d%26cap%3d1%26cbstore%3d1%26vd%3d0%26lb%3d%26fi%3d2%26edrf%3d%26ispremium%3d1%26flip%3d0

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:

I was in a band at school and we did a gig in the gym.

YOUR LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING OF THE MUSIC BUSINESS (strictly the business part) (1-10):

REASON FOR FAILURE OF YOUR PREVIOUS PROJECTS:

Left school

FAVORITE ROCK BAND:

Guns N Roses

FAVORITE METAL BAND:

Guns N Roses

FAVORITE ELECTRONIC BAND:

Guns N Roses

FAVORITE BASSIST:

That dog off of Banana Splits

DRIVING SKILLS (1-10):

COMMUNICATION SKILLS (1-10):

Eh?

So, When do I start? 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

I hate my job and have been looking for a while... But I'm not tempted by this. I don't think my driving skill level 4 will work. And I think that means they want me to drive the tour bus.

And I don't like the music. 

But apart from that, it's got to be worth a punt..?

• Haha 1

On 17/09/2018 at 08:58, Newfoundfreedom said:

I'm reading, lead singer/ guitarist rock God wannabe and only female member of the band are an item and an absolute nightmare to work with. Other members are expendable. 

You're absolutely spot on.

Their management contacted [A Band I have Worked With*], and at the same time their frontman decided to connect with the band on FB, at which point it became very obvious, very quickly, that they were a couple, and the only constant members of the band. (I have seen semi-regular posts advertising vacancies for a new drummer to tour with them - did someone say Spinal Tap?)

Still, they'd got in touch regarding a buy-on as supports to their European tour, so we did our research. It wasn't just that their music wasn't our cup of tea, it would have been the most horrendous mismatch with the music we were making: using loose analogies to try and preserve a veneer of anonymity, imagine if Stevie Ray Vaughan had been invited to open for Limp Bizkit.

They also wanted a small fortune to buy on; offered a very restrictive financial arrangements which would have made it nigh on impossible for us to recoup said cost; and were very explicit that we should absolutely, under no circumstances whatsoever, presumably on pain of death, bring any amps with us - we had to plug into their Helix / AxeFX setup, whether we liked it or not. We politely declined. But they still tour Europe quite regularly from what I see.

Edited by EliasMooseblaster
  • Like 1