Why become a member? ×

Stringbusters?

witterth

I appear to have been robbed gentlemen, apologies if there is another thread on this, but they took  £80 of me in June and nothing since. robbing bast*rds.
anyone any info on what the score is? tried email ringing and everything.
oh any Good  guys for on line orders out there?  if they stock DBB end strings for a status that would be good. Thanks in advance W

They used to be so good. Now there's a thread of horror stories on here. 

I use strings direct now and my experiences have been positive so far. Wouldn't take that as a recommendation though! Only used them two or three times. 

There is a long thread on this somewhere on the forum.  You will find some people say they are getting their stuff fine, others not.  The main problem is that when things do go wrong, they are impossible to contact and don’t answer emails or the phone.  I even heard last year that they had gone bust.  Personally I use either strings direct for acoustic guitar strings or bass direct for bass strings, both hugely reliable.  Strings Direct always deal with any issues promptly and very fairly.

Probably doesn’t help you, but I am sure someone with a positive experience of String Busters will chip in soon,

Robbie

not yet......

2 hours ago, Brook_fan said:

There is a long thread on this somewhere on the forum.  You will find some people say they are getting their stuff fine, others not.  The main problem is that when things do go wrong, they are impossible to contact and don’t answer emails or the phone.  I even heard last year that they had gone bust.  Personally I use either strings direct for acoustic guitar strings or bass direct for bass strings, both hugely reliable.  Strings Direct always deal with any issues promptly and very fairly.

Probably doesn’t help you, but I am sure someone with a positive experience of String Busters will chip in soon,

Robbie

not yet......

I have been using Strings Direct for over a decade and never had an issue. Once an order got lost in the post and after a few days I queried it with them, next morning I had a set on the doorstep, very professional and good prices.

Bass Direct have been great the couple of times I used them too.

shame about Stringbusters, used to use them for certain strings and never had an issue, but I doubt I have used them in about 4 years.

11 hours ago, witterth said:

I appear to have been robbed gentlemen, apologies if there is another thread on this, but they took  £80 of me in June and nothing since. robbing bast*rds.
anyone any info on what the score is? tried email ringing and everything.
oh any Good  guys for on line orders out there?  if they stock DBB end strings for a status that would be good. Thanks in advance W

if bought by credit card you should be able to get your money back.

Stringbusters used to be great - I'd ring them up to order over the phone on my lunch hour at work and have no problem getting through. The guy was always friendly and would usually have a chat about more than just strings, then I'd pay my pound for postage and have my strings the next day. If he didn't have enough stock, he was always honest about how long it'd take to get things and he'd ship what they had and then follow up with the rest for no additional postage. Such a shame it sounds like they've gone down the pan.

On the brighter side I noticed the post about Strings Direct doing a discount on D'Addario stuff the other weekend and decided to give them a try. Ordered two twin packs and the next day got one twin pack and two matching single packs (which on paper would have worked out more expensive) my assumption being that due to demand caused by the promotion they'd run out of twin packs but decided to work around it. Sense doesn't always prevail like that so I'll certainly order from them again.

another +1 for Strings Direct - my go to place for years now and I've never had a problem, great customer service and comms, way above and beyond what is required, like they're worried that you might feel let down if they don't get all of your order by first post the following day

An odder, or at least less obvious one to keep an eye on is Amazon.  Some music shops use Marketplace, and you can sometimes find unexpected stuff listed at very competitive prices (also, a lot of stuff listed for not so competitive prices, you have to wade through it all).  Any problems with the order and Amazon will sort it out.

Worth having a trawl through the previous posts on String Busters...all I can say is that you're not the first...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Graulges said:

Just did a search on the la bella site for LaBella M42S and there was no result in the search, maybe they don't make them any more?

From the LaBella M42 page http://www.labella.com/products/m42-stainless-rounds-custom-light-40-100/

Also available in short, medium and extra long scale models for 4-String, 5-String & 6-String Sets:

• Short Scale: M42-S
  • Medium Scale: M42-M
  • Extra-Long Scale: M42-XL
  • Non-Standard scale sets (Short, Medium, Extra Long) are not available to purchase on www.LaBella.com. Please see drop-down of “Trusted Online Retailers” below the product image to locate one of these sets

• ...though with the fact that they don't seem to be available anywhere anymore, you may be right.
Edited by goingdownslow

The StringBusters web page seems to have disappeared into the ether.

I used to walk past the office they were based in. A little place on the 1st floor of building on the edge of a church yard in Barnstaple in North Devon. All a bit odd from the sounds of things. Didn't know who ran the business...no one does it seems now.