Why become a member? ×

Ovnilabs - no longer doing reviews

Al Krow

http://www.ovnilab.com/reviews/2018NEWS.shtml

It seems that Cyrus Heiduska (Mr Ovnilabs) has given up on doing new reviews (apologies if this is 'old news'). Real shame - his website is generally regarded as the place to go to for all things compressor related, and I'm surprised that he's not had more support from the bass communities on both sides of the pond and / or any tips on how to monetise his offering e.g. some form of subscription model etc.

I was also a little taken aback that he let a previous bad customer experience rule out doing reviews of TC pedals and in particular the TC Spectracomp, which seems to be one of BCer's most popular models - but hopefully that doesn't detract from the quality of his work elsewhere.

It's going to leave a bit of gap in the market. @Dood?

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

It's going to leave a bit of gap in the market. @Dood?

If I could, I would review all day, everyday. I would love to be able to do say, 5 pedals of the same type, from all different manufacturers at a time to compare them.

23 hours ago, Dood said:

If I could, I would review all day, everyday. I would love to be able to do say, 5 pedals of the same type, from all different manufacturers at a time to compare them.

How can we help make that happen?

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ped said:

@Dood I’ve got something you can review. Will be in touch 

Look Ped, those photos are just not appropriate for a family platform. I know you are immensely proud of it, but I simply can not “cup it for a while”

😂😂😂

• Haha 10

On 15/09/2018 at 11:24, Dood said:

I thought you were a pan-dimensional, multi-universe being @Dood surely this would present no problem?

On 16/09/2018 at 10:49, Al Krow said:

How can we help make that happen?

I want to buy a decent camera to do reviews with. Maybe there's an opportunity here to do a BassChat reviews vlog thing. @ped? Time allowing, I could do that and upload directly to my YouTube.