Why become a member? ×

Panda Audio FI 1

Sammyb0123

Hi all, 

ive just purchased a future impact synth pedal, and it’s amazing. The only thing Im not too impressed with is the consistency of its registering of notes. 

I know you can use the online editor, as well as fine tuning within the pedal, but does anyone know where I can find or if there is a tutorial online for customising the parameters? I’m totally new to it so I’m just looking for an alternative to reading the instruction manual. 

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Sammyb0123 said:

I've just purchased a future impact synth pedal, and it’s amazing.

+1^^ me too! :)  

Couldn't agree more about how good it is.

Zach Rizer posts his (as usual very good!) review pretty much just using the online editor, so whilst it's not a "tutorial" as such, you may be able to pick up a few ideas / suggestions for settings.

Just wondering whether the consistency of registering the notes you're finding with the FI is more to do with the dynamics of your playing? If it is and you want a more even dynamic, then maybe worth considering putting a compressor at the start of your chain before the FI? (The TC Spectracomp gets a lot of love from fellow BCers as an inexpensive but very capable comp and has a tiny footprint).

41 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

+1^^ me too! :)  

Couldn't agree more about how good it is.

Zach Rizer posts his (as usual very good!) review pretty much just using the online editor, so whilst it's not a "tutorial" as such, you may be able to pick up a few ideas / suggestions for settings.

Just wondering whether the consistency of registering the notes you're finding with the FI is more to do with the dynamics of your playing? If it is and you want a more even dynamic, then maybe worth considering putting a compressor at the start of your chain before the FI? (The TC Spectracomp gets a lot of love from fellow BCers as an inexpensive but very capable comp and has a tiny footprint).

Great post man! Thanks for the info !

22 hours ago, Sammyb0123 said:

Great post man! Thanks for the info !

You're very welcome. 

There's also this megathread on the Talkbass site which you might find useful: https://www.talkbass.com/threads/future-impact-patch-sharing-thread.1199372/

If you do find any other or better tutorials on the web then please do share - I'd be very interested as I'm just about to do some 'deep diving' into my FI, which I've only very recently acquired, too!