Why become a member? ×

Highway 1 Jazz Bass £400

Lozz196

36 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I've often wondered why they were called "  Highway "   and i still don't know

I always assumed it was because some of the components are Mexican and they were shipped up the road to California for assembly and to get the USA serial number. 

I had a Highway One precision and an American Standard precision at the same time. The USA standard certainly had way better finish and a much slimmer more modern feeling neck, but the Highway one sounded much better (after I switched out the greasebucket tone circuit and added proper P-bass wiring) , it had lots of natural resonance and harmonics that the USA standard lacked. I swapped the standard and kept the Highway one.

Edited by Max Normal

He had this up at £550 earlier today until I pointed out to him that it was a highway 1 so he slashed the price - which isn’t what I meant when I mailed him - I meant he should put a description in the ad to say it was a highway.

Anyway as it happens it’s now pretty cheap!,

9 hours ago, Max Normal said:

I always assumed it was because some of the components are Mexican and they were shipped up the road to California for assembly and to get the USA serial number. 

I had a Highway One precision and an American Standard precision at the same time. The USA standard certainly had way better finish and a much slimmer more modern feeling neck, but the Highway one sounded much better (after I switched out the greasebucket tone circuit and added proper P-bass wiring) , it had lots of natural resonance and harmonics that the USA standard lacked. I swapped the standard and kept the Highway one.

Checked it out. The main road from Fender Corona to Fender Baja is the CA-1.

On 13/09/2018 at 20:41, vinorange said:

He had this up at £550 earlier today until I pointed out to him that it was a highway 1 so he slashed the price - which isn’t what I meant when I mailed him - I meant he should put a description in the ad to say it was a highway.

Anyway as it happens it’s now pretty cheap!,

That made me chuckle.