Why become a member? ×

Anyone going to The Wotten-under-Edge festival?

Raymondo

I’ll be at the Royal Oak, Saturday (today) 5:45, with the Phil Prowse Blues Band.  Swing blues and a few twists!  Come shout “play something we know!” and marvel at the wonderful bass player (not me).  Honestly, he is very good. Heckle the guitarist, after all, what else are we for? Come say hello!

Wow what a weekend!

I am shattered but it was well worth all the travelling. All the bands were amazing...again...I got to meet a long time hero Ken Pustelnik who was very friendly and indulged a fanboy.😊

Witters was just about the most outstanding guitarist at the festival ( the standard is very, very high!) and his band played for hours...how the vocalist remembered all those songs was no mean feat. Good to meet you sir.

Jacks' band The Achievers were once again fabulously entertaining, Steve their front man is very witty indeed. A pleasure to buy you drinks lads...loving the cd.

BassBod's band leader ran Steve a close second in the witty stakes and all the band were very accomplished players, a nice groove throughout. ..I have no idea what time I staggered to bed but I must have slept because I made it to breakfast.😎

Special mention to Chris Jaxon who was kind enough to let me use his bass and gear at the Sunday morning Jam session...even though it didn't get much wear on the first  number. 😉

I met some lovely people, heard some fabulous music and made some new friends( A couple of beers were consumed also 😜 ).

See you next year!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisJaxon said:

Raymondo: spotted having a crafty twang!!Raymondo.thumb.jpg.f70235be6cccba1701e0f2d313b132b5.jpg

That's my Ex, Nica, (For  anyone remembering my thread about moving to Edinburgh from a few years ago This lovely girl was my reason for asking!)only knows four chords and only ever played an acoustic but she borrowed an electric and bashed out a reasonable version of Dylan's  Wagon wheel bless her....I'd not seen her since we parted company some five years ago, so it was nice to catch up.

I didn't know that you were photo'ing my attempts at playing bass Chris.....I wonder what prompted you to take this one? 😜

• Like 1

Hi Ray: I didn't take the photo, I was too engrossed listening to the song and enjoying your playing! One of the organisers took it and posted in on FB here  along with some other memorable photos - including a couple of me! It was a great, tiring weekend, with some great music. Gets better every year. Hope to see you next time too.

• Like 2

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 14:06, Pinball said:

Hi, I'll be about on both Saturday and Sunday as I'm doing a bit of busking in the coffee shops. Playing acoustic guitar rather than bass this time. Details here:

https://www.facebook.com/Eddie-Mole-musiciansongwriter-378649102327932/

Hi. Nica and her friend met you on the Saturday I believe but I didn't get chance . Did you have a good festival?

Just now, Raymondo said:

Hi. Nica and her friend met you on the Saturday I believe but I didn't get chance . Did you have a good festival?

Hi, yes thats right I remember. Nica and her friend's were lovely, their support was much appreciated. I was there again on the Sunday in another coffee shop jamming with my buddy Rich too. I got some really positive feedback

I was also at the Snatch it Back gig too standing at the back. I know the band and Ken Pustelnik. Is a genuine guy and a good pal. I jammed with him once and that was some experience. I have never played with anyone like him. He just stared straight at me like a machine, "the terminator" of the drumkit. 

I saw you there but didn't know who was who, you were right at the front wern't you?

• Like 1