Why become a member? ×

PSUs under Pedalboards

Al Krow

As we all know getting your PSU underneath your pedalboard securely is great if it can be done. Typically frees up space for one maybe two extra pedals up top. Some PSUs e.g. Ciocks DC5 and 1Spot CS6 are already set up to fit easily under boards with their outputs at the 'long' end, rather than out from the narrow side of the PSU, to enable easy access when the pedal is slotted between rails. Others such as my MXR IsoBrick (or my previously owned DC8) have outputs coming out of the narrow side and this can make it more difficult to slot the PSU between the rails and in the case of the MXR mean that the whole board would need to raised up.

I'll have to fess that I'm definitely in the bottom quartile when it comes to DIY skills (probably on a par with my bass playing skills!), so I was particularly pleased with coming up with this relatively cheap (< £5) hack to get my MXR Iso Brick underneath my PT Classic Jr.

The key issue I'd had (as touched on above) was being able to easily access the outputs, in particular using the longer end PSU cable leads, so I could use the shorter ends of the PSU cable leads into the pedals themselves taking up less space between pedals on the board.

Solution was to use a couple of rubber door stops cut to size and then secure everything in place with velcro and a couple of cable ties:

If you've done something similar (or likely better), please do share your hacks for getting your PSUs under your pedal boards.

Door stop I.JPG

Door stop II.JPG

Door stop III.JPG

Door stop IV.JPG

Door stop V.JPG

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1