Why become a member? ×

Sold: 1983 Squier JV Jazz Bass in Sunburst
£775

PawelG

This is an awesome, early 1983 Squier. JV series. All original. Pre CBS for a fraction of the price. The bass hasn't been used much considering it's age, but it does have some superficial flaws - I did my best to picture them all.
I'm the second owner, the first owner bought it new in 1983, played a few gigs, and left it in the case for 25 or so years. That case is very tatty, but it is original. It’s the black one on the pictures - not the tweed one. Obviously, included in the sale.
The strap locks will be replaced with original strap pins (I think that's what they're called) before the sale.

I really did not want to sell it. However, I have other basses, and I need to sell one of them - ''last in/last'' out I guess.

There's one on here at the moment that's pretty much the same, for £900, so I feel like I've priced this reasonably.
Bass is in Portsmouth, UK. I could post it, but I'd much rather meet up in person. I can drive a reasonable distance too. Talk to me, we'll work something out.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by PawelG
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, leroydiamond said:

Any idea of the weight of this bass?

I weighed it on 2 different scales. Unfortunately, none of them is super accurate. I would say the bass is somewhere around 4kg. I don't think it weighs more than 4.1kg. I hope this helps. It is by far the lightest jazz bass I've had.

Edited by PawelG