Why become a member? ×

Random Guitar Builds

Jimothey

Having lived in and loved Dublin for many years of my early life I'd say leave the control plate off.  Even if I hadn't got that connection I think it would be a shame to spoil the balance of the graphic.

No control plate needed.  It would detract from the effect of the graphic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Here’s the latest Guitar I’m building its my take on an offset tele-ish type thing…….this is the first time of doing a neck from scratch as well!!

61D66A53-714B-4267-87CA-62E297501173.jpeg.8be52f965315056abdf1cbc1e43a7260.jpeg

The body is Sapele back with a Poplar pallet top the neck is Sapele with an Oak fretboard, I’m really happy with the way it’s turning out!!…..👍🏻

I’ve started gluing up blanks for my take on a Les Paul, offset strat-ish, a Jack Bruce inspired (a Jazz pickup Warwick SG style) bass and a rear routed Jag bass as well 

• Like 1

• Jimothey changed the title to Random Guitar Builds

Here’s the offset strat-ish build!

089CB5F3-4471-41F1-8AE8-6694AF03B32D.jpeg.31d9a436206943b60e5035e6e56e6bed.jpeg

This is scaffold board back with pallet wood top and just Danish oiled 

The neck and electrics are out of a cheap strat copy I picked up the other day

The headstock has been reshaped and I’ve veneered it with a thin piece of pallet wood to match the body….👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Busy fellow!

Being a house husband and the kids at school I get lots of time to get on with the builds and I get bored otherwise there’s only so much hoovering, washing and ironing you can fill your day with!!! 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Almost finished this build I’ve wired it like a Gilmour Nashville Tele so it gives you some different tones to a standard Strat!

B0000FEA-0628-4398-AAF6-34FB493F62C9.thumb.jpeg.8cb997b7614504d51e0424dccd9c4e34.jpeg7A2EE04B-482D-48B9-8A7A-BB661B0B650B.thumb.jpeg.04d3d8c9d8b3ba49e2a8851627bad460.jpeg

Just got the re-fret the neck as I found 2 frets that had popped and some of the others were quite worn……..👍🏻

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/07/2022 at 20:00, Veils said:

Lovely work! I did wonder if this forum would care for a guitar build diary, I’ve just ordered my second Gray Emperor! 

I did post on guitarchat but no one seems to be on it so I thought I’d just add it on here instead 👍🏻

On 06/08/2022 at 23:31, Jimothey said:

I did post on guitarchat but no one seems to be on it so I thought I’d just add it on here instead 👍🏻

I reckon there’s a few lurking in the shadows who are keenly interested in all things 6 string or just keen to see a man’s skilled handiwork!

On 06/08/2022 at 23:31, Jimothey said:

Double build action for me if post it on GC too. I check in everyday, but traffic is low and slow. :( 

• 1 month later...