Why become a member? ×

Random Guitar Builds

Jimothey

2 hours ago, Si600 said:

I play with my fingers in the gaps, not on the frets, no-one has told me to play otherwise, maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I didn't think it was arsey 😉

I suppose everyone’s playing style is different and everyone’s action is different I’ve always played close to fret and my action is very low on bass and guitar so I don’t need to press hard.......😀

1 hour ago, Jimothey said:

I suppose everyone’s playing style is different and everyone’s action is different I’ve always played close to fret and my action is very low on bass and guitar so I don’t need to press hard.......😀

It depends on how much you use string bending.

Can't say I've worn the fingerboards of any of my basses except the fretless, which I use roundwounds on that has 'witness marks'

11 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

That was Kenny for you.  Bless him.

AKA 'Kelly Enema' 🙂

1 hour ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

That fretboard wear looks more like damage from long fingernails rather than strings. My guitarists Tele looks like that and he has talons!

It's a stained fingerboard, not sure what type of wood, it's just worn through the surface.

Think it's due for its first fret dress...

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

I decided in the end I didn’t like the Jameson fake branding so I’ve changed it 

5D1DB026-02EC-4EC5-835F-D4D4D01F64BB.thumb.jpeg.b849c9d451baabf3433ccfe5bf9fdaea.jpeg

This is now called ‘Lucky 13’.........😀

Isn't that what's called "Steam Punk" these days?  I've avoided commenting on the guitars because they are guitars but I have to say I'm not a fan of the style so much.  This is a bass however.

That aside, it was better before.  I think it looks contrived now perhaps because of the sanded back effect behind the new graphic.  Sorry.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

Isn't that what's called "Steam Punk" these days?  I've avoided commenting on the guitars because they are guitars but I have to say I'm not a fan of the style so much.  This is a bass however.

That aside, it was better before.  I think it looks contrived now perhaps because of the sanded back effect behind the new graphic.  Sorry.

No need to be sorry mate everyone is entitled to their own opinion!  but I see what you mean about it being sanded back then the decal applied I think I need to do it again but danish oil it first and I’m not 100% sure about the decal anyway so it might change again I’m thinking a bit less busy maybe like this 

E321FD81-B170-4F7B-A402-58F79FA00F3A.png.18dd54eb39d93ca2aa8918e548c38a10.png

And by the way this is steampunk!!

9A877801-34D4-459D-95FD-7C9B4A9B8379.jpeg.5be1c453f1cdff210378a77f6cb39464.jpeg64C23EE3-7737-4C31-A235-1380BFA68264.jpeg.948b64c9d8f4e66f3713f27044cf7968.jpeg

Which is not my cup of tea at all!!.....👍

Edited by Jimothey
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimothey said:

Both really also @SpondonBassed called it steampunk style but it’s not really so we were trying to think what style it’s actually called ie barncaster, rustic, fake barrel top etc..........🤔

If I may;

I didn't call it that.  I wondered if that was what the style was.  I don't get out much.