Why become a member? ×

Random Guitar Builds

Jimothey

I know that I might get run out of town but I've decided not to just tart up the skip find but I'm going to do a custom (aka The B*****d!) using parts off of it and using my first Ibanez bass body 

It's going to be White with Black neck and Black pickguard, 1 humbucker and 1 single coil pickups and hardtail bridge 

It's kinda going to look a bit like this:

_20180912_133440.thumb.JPG.9a83fe2b7009aa8ee2ff6223b2c8d3c3.JPG

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

It's a nice idea to use a bass body though.  It's been cut down somewhat from the old Ibby shape.

That's why I remade the body because the body felt too small so it seems to me that its nicely proportioned for a guitar? 

I'll be sorting out the neck pocket and filling all the cavities tomorrow as I'm going to top rout it now

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

The control cavity is now all routed and just gluing in the block to sort out the neck pocket

Just a little bit of filling and sanding then I can start getting the body undercoated 😀

_20180917_132313.thumb.JPG.2618b2f71674f069cd0136dc474db4dd.JPG

I still think you should chop the knob off at the top - would balance it visually if the top horn was same or a little bigger than the bottom one.

36 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

I still think you should chop the knob off at the top - would balance it visually if the top horn was same or a little bigger than the bottom one.

I like the top horn being long but I love the shape of the warwick fortress and corvette so that has kind of influenced the way I cut the body in the first place also I think it makes it look a bit different😀

Theres going to be a change of colour with this build as a fella I work with is going to buy it when it's finished for his nephew but he wants it the same yellow as my 5 string P 

But it's now undercoated so I've just got to flatten it a bit then I'll start spraying it 😀

16 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

You probably know that you won't get the financial return you put into it...I suppose that it's not the point...it's the fun of getting your hands dirty and being creative.

Are you planning on emulating the curve of the body in the lower part of the scratchplate?

I'm only doing it up to sell so I can get some funds for my scratch build, the price I'll be able to sell it for I won't be out of pocket so any profit is a bonus 

I'm keeping the pickguard that shape as I think it follows the shape of the body nicely 😀

• Like 1

• Jimothey changed the title to Random Guitar Builds