Why become a member? ×

ELO Cello Parts

LemonCello

6 hours ago, LemonCello said:

So my band, me and my electric Cello want to do some ELO.  I've already got a Piano reduction but want to avoid playing the bass piano part if I can as it  differs from the string parts hugely.  Does anyone know if the Cello parts were ever published?

Ta,

Gary

Not sure if they have ever made t’internet TBH. My band is an ELO tribute, and our MD transcribed all the string parts from the original recordings I believe, so assume he couldn’t find them either! Not much help I’m afraid, but good luck in your quest! Cheers, Pete.

Pete, thanks for the reply.  A while back a tribute band called the Explosive Light Orchestra played quite near me, unfortunately I couldn't make it but heard they were top notch....not your band by any chance?

Long shot I know, but I'd be willing to make a charitable donation (charity of your choice) of say £20 for the first cello part to Evil Woman and Ma Ma Belle?

Cheers,

Gary

Hey Gary,

My band is called The ELO Experience. We play mainly theatres around the UK with the occasional festival / outdoor gig. Your charitable offer is very kind, but unfortunately it’s not my call, and the M.D. who wrote the parts is currently abroad whilst we’re on a break in our schedule. Hope you get sorted though, all the best, Pete.