Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Allparts Lined Fretless "Jaco Bass" (Hipshot, Dimarzio, Bareknuckle, Fender,...)Lot's of possible trades added!!!
£750

Bassdude BE

Hi, due to an endorsement deal I have to part with my beloved Allparts jazz.

This is the 5th Allparts "Jaco tribute" that I've build (sold all the previous versions to friends) and I basically used all the parts that I liked best in my previous builds 

and used those to build this "holy grail" which is my take on Jaco's bass but with a modern twist.

I build this bass 6months ago and it has only been gigged two or three times, so the condition is still near mint except for a little dent on top of the headstock where I hit the cymbal (see last picture). 

As to the building proces: I did 2 years of luthier school, work as a guitar tech for several bands and have build and sold more than 50 basses over the last couple of years,

so it's safe to say that I know what I'm doing when it comes to putting a build like this together.

spec's:

Body: Allparts, lightweight alder

Neck: custom order Allparts lined fretless with ebony board (the neck has side dots! the profile lies somewhere between a J and a P neck, but definitely closer to a J)

Tuners: Hipshot HB-7

Pickups: Dimarzio Model J

Electronics: Passive V/V/T , Bareknuckle CTS pot's and Bareknuckle /Jensen Capacitor

Bridge: Fender BadderAss bridge (brass)

extra's: Fender Waterslide decal on headstock, Fender backplate, black metal knobs for the control plate.

All cavities were fully shielded with conductive paint and copper tape and the bridge is grounded by both wire and copper strip!

The playability of this instrument is superb and due to the Dimarzio pickups and hi-quality parts and wiring she sounds like an instrument double the price.

The weight is 4 kg

Sad to see this go, but due to a recent endorsement deal + the switch to 5 string fretless she probably won't see the use that she deserves anymore, hence the sale.

The bass is located in Belgium, but I can ship safely and I will buy a new hardcase for it just to ensure safe shipping.

(The only!) Partial trades I'm interested in are:

- Kala U-Bass or similar

- Black Arts Toneworks - Black Sheep

- 3 Leaf Audio Octavbre mini

- COG T16

- Keeley Bassist

- Boss LMB-3

- Boss RC-1 looper 

- Blackstar Fly Bass

Kind regards,

Don

DSC00348.JPGDSC00355.JPG

DSC00347.thumb.JPG.1f90006ddd5c1ddf7e74abf3ceed16fc.JPGDSC00352.JPG

DSC00351.JPGDSC00358.JPG

DSC00366.JPGDSC00363.JPG

PTDC0008 (3).JPGPTDC0008 (2).JPG

PTDC0010 (2).JPG

DP123.thumb.jpg.e41fa44e461ff9c788eaf992808932b2.jpg.8d9fd1471be996d15ee04c34253d53cb.jpgfender_badass.jpg

HB-7s.thumb.jpg.12c5a0505d01df8f873088267ff9e965.jpg

DSC00361.JPG

Edited by Bassdude BE

9 hours ago, songofthewind said:

Lovely!

Thanks bud! ;) I've really put my heart into putting this one together. ❤️ 

I know the triple shielding with conductive paint, copper tape AND three ground wires was probably a bit of overkill, but I'm just a bit OCD when it comes to building basses I think.. #BetterSafeThanSorry ;) 😛 

For the weight I went through 4 bodies untill I found a significantly lighter one and that + the gorgious grain in both front and back eventually sold me on this one. 

Edited by Bassdude BE

22 hours ago, stewblack said:

That's a seriously gorgeous bass.

Thanks bud, she sounds amazing too, lots of of "Oomph" from the neck pickup and plenty of "Growl" from the bridge pickup.

She has a very high output for a passive bass as well, with both pickup volumes open it's sometimes hard to believe  that you are playing a passive instrument,

lots of definition and sustain all over the fretboard, the Dimarzio + Bareknuckle combo is definitely a force to be reckoned with. ;) 

2 hours ago, ikay said:

The pickups look like DiMarzio Model Js (https://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/standard-bass/dimarzio-model-j) not Ultra Jazz, is that right?

Just checked and you are absolutely right! (Will change it immediately, thanks for letting me know)

I've used both in the past and got them mixed up... 🙄

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took so long, but I finally managed to upload a little demo video of the Allparts fretless.

Please excuse my lack of skill, I have only been playing fretless for just over a year now so my technique still needs a lot of training and adjusting. I've always been more of a builder, guitar tech, producer and audiophile than a crowd pleaser and "true player" so don't expect too much.. 
I Love what I do tho.. so I hope that counts for something! 😅

spec's:

Body: Allparts, lightweight alder

Neck: custom order Allparts lined fretless with ebony board (the neck has side dots! the profile lies somewhere between a J and a P neck, but definitely closer to a J)

Tuners: Hipshot HB-7

Pickups: Dimarzio Model J

Electronics: Passive V/V/T , Bareknuckle CTS pot's and Bareknuckle /Jensen Capacitor

Bridge: Fender BadderAss bridge (brass)

extra's: Fender Waterslide decal on headstock, Fender backplate, black metal knobs for the control plate.

All cavities were fully shielded with conductive paint and copper tape and the bridge is grounded by both wire and copper strip!

The playability of this instrument is superb and due to the Dimarzio pickups and hi-quality parts and wiring she sounds like an instrument more than double the price.

The weight is 4 kg

https://youtu.be/BVXl3LJObPU

Well-deserved bump. Until recently I had a very comparable jazz (only heavier and more run-down) but the previous owner bought it back because of fond memories.

I can testify that Model J pickups are perfect for fretless jazz in a band setting,  most fretless players tend to favour one pickup over the other. I mostly combined the neck pickup with a mute to obtain a babybass sound, e.g. second clip from the bottom on this page (disclaimer: the recording is not perfect). Never had any hum problems, whatever the circumstances.

Edited by Evert Albers
typo
  • Like 1