Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot leather jacket, lining possibly signed by Paul Gilbert?

tony_m

Just in case anyone's interested, another Trace Elliot embossed leather jacket has come up on t' Bay. This one appears to have been signed on the lining by Paul Gilbert of Mr Big fame - can't swear to it obviously, but the scrawl looks very similar to PG's autograph on a  couple of items I've found elsewhere on t'interwebz. I messaged the seller regarding the signature, and this was what she had to say...

"Thanks so much for taking the trouble to write to me. The jacket belonged to my husband who died in March. He was a bass player and the signature was on the jacket when he bought it. Not sure where he bought it from but it wasn’t new when he got it, obviously. "

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113242663056?ul_noapp=true

I think that £150 is a bit steep personally as they're not as rare as suggested. There's somebody on the forum who has one (unsigned). I bought the Varsity jacket they had for sale...can't remember who though.

The person I bought mine from said that all the staff were either given one or had the chance to buy one and they were worn by staff at most of the Guitar shows during the 80s.

Paul Stevens (former CEO at TE) gave his to a local charity shop when he moved to Blackstar.

13 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I think that £150 is a bit steep personally as they're not as rare as suggested. There's somebody on the forum who has one (unsigned). I bought the Varsity jacket they had for sale...can't remember who though.

The person I bought mine from said that all the staff were either given one or had the chance to buy one and they were worn by staff at most of the Guitar shows during the 80s.

Paul Stevens (former CEO at TE) gave his to a local charity shop when he moved to Blackstar.

Hah, that'd be me then... 😁

But yeah, I thought it was a bit steep too, and didn't pay anywhere near that for mine. That said, they are a decent quality jacket if you like that sort of thing, so I guess somebody might be willing to pay it... 

13 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

Looks bloody awful... apologies if a BCer actually buys it!  😂

... though I suspect I know who it won't be...  😆