Why become a member? ×

FS: Warwick Corvette Hot Rod LTD 5-String - AKA “Hot Blond” Flamed MAPLE *soundsamples* - GONE, please remove!
£1000

noise_art

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, not really.
I have WP100+WT1000 (both units from the same day of production), I use amphones bass to practice.

Just straight sale I'm affraid :)

I am changing my gear so gonna put more items for sale during this year yet :)
You know, so much G.A.S. :)

EDIT: I know it's not WTB, but soon gonna need Tobias Growler 5, if someone would sell this bass for a good price, let's talk!

Edited by noise_art

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

here go guys.

Both Pickups.
Middle @ 00:30
Bass @ 2:00
Highs @ 2:30

This bass fits mostly in Jazz/Pop. It has plenty of Highs, therefore the best results in my opinion comes when you roll-off totally the teble knob
Distorts well too. In my opinion this bass is not so good for thumpin'/slap - I had better ones for that style of playing.
Basically it sounds pretty much like a thumb model (maybe with a bit of "air" because of chambers inside, so it needs more space in a mix)

Notice, that strings are not so new now.

And the second take in wave (my EKEN camera was dead)

Edited by noise_art
adding info
  • Like 1

Aah I edited this post using mobile, sorry for misspelling! :)

Thanks man! 

I believe the new owner will be satisfied with this bass. It is hard for me to let it go because it's really nice to play. I like that it is light, it sounds cool and it is really fine bass. But I am in love with my Supra Sonic totally. To heavy stuff I am using 4 strings so I just cannot justify the standing-by-the-wall bass :)

From the same reason I am selling Mayo BE5 which is also really good instrument. But I am using it only twice per year :)

Guest Marcoelwray

Tak, rozumiem.

If I had these 1k, it'll be on MY wall. I bought recently a custom Mayones, this was my biggest music mistake in my life. After 36 trades, I'm back to Warwick.

Yeah I got ya!
to be honest Warwick is not the best bass in the world but if you accept the ergonomics and if you really know what you need to achieve with this sound, you can't go wrong!

It's not so "boring" as a Fender bass (SIC!) :) (yeah I know that Fender is versatile but sometimes it's simply not enough ;) )
Corvettes are highly underrated models!

Sounds very good and good playing as well 👍 I expected more high end frequencies cause of the woods but it sound better than I expected actually 😀

What do you mean by not so good for slap ? Because for me when I listen your sound sample I want to ear the slap sound of this bass :) 

Thanks for sharing 👍

• Thanks 1

@Djooh this bass is specific.
All Warwicks are not really well for slapping - that's obviously a matter of personal taste.
I would explain it in this way: we're used to know this "fenderish" kinda slap tone. 
Warwick is not such a bass indeed (maybe the closest is Streamer Stage 1 model)

When we talk about "chambered" basses - these are sounding a bit like a "piezo", and it's highly depending if the player has this "consciousness" of sound. Of course it will fit well if you know what your purpose in a band is.
For the same reason, to me is unacceptable to play a bass without (band) context at all. Maybe some people can catch the sound when they play bass "alone". But I don't.

But at last: it's only my own point of view. Luckily the world is big, and there are a lot of good bass players, who can play even on a shovel and make it useful, whereas I could not even be able to imagine that's gonna work in that way :)

Edited by noise_art

Guest Marcoelwray
54 minutes ago, noise_art said:

All Warwicks are not really well for slapping - that's obviously a matter of personal taste.
I would explain it in this way: we're used to know this "fenderish" kinda slap tone. 

I always loved every single Warwick bass I slapped. I totally understand your point, tho. It's my personal tastes like you said. 

But I had to react because I just can't understand HOW you can't like the slap sound of WW basses... But again, I not mind-opened enough, I know it.

I'll put a little sample of my Streamer LX Jazzman in slap, just "for the record" (if it doesn't bother you and your sale of course)

oh, to be precise:
I think that this particular one is not very good for slapping. It's chambered, so it sounds a bit "piezzo". Maybe I would use it in some funky-slap songs, but I played on a better slapper :)

I had another Corvette Standard for sale, which I decided to keep it for now. Only wood remained in that bass - I changed everything (added nordstrand pre/basstec pickups, changed  the bridge for brass  one) and I am using it in Antigama now.

this one is more "concrete" and is sticked to the kick - that's why I prefer it more.
If this Corvette LTD that I am selling would be 4string, probably I would be using it in Antigama instead - I really like that it sounds well with distortion too. And all Warwicks have strong mids, what's in my opinion highly desirable when you use much distortion.

Although I realy like that the LTD is light. So if it would be a 4string bass I might keep this bass instead of the red one Standard model that I moded because it's "higher class" bass than the standard. Has better ergonomics, it's well built.
I am not collecting basses, and, you know - I am not a "jazz" player much. Sometimes I buy basses only for particular "studio work" just because there's no such things as "versatile bass".

I had really good Tobias Classic bass here for sale (I sold it to a friend of mine, locally) and this bass was amazing. It was designed to record, you couldn't went wrong. But it was - as most of Tobias/MTD models - just for POP/Gospel and I play mainly heavy stuff.

But still - if someone needs to have a descent Warwick bass to "lighter" - jazzy - generes, will be satisfied for sure.

Yup, feel free to post the samples buddy, I am enjoying with every single Warwick bass!

Edited by noise_art
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, noise_art said:

I have an SS2 and had an LX Custom Shop so I know what you talking about, Warwick basses are very rich in high end frequencies and harmonics, so when you slap it you can't have the tone of Fender this his a fact, but it's work very well, as you said, it's a personal taste :) 

4 minutes ago, Djooh said:

I have an SS2 and had an LX Custom Shop so I know what you talking about, Warwick basses are very rich in high end frequencies and harmonics, so when you slap it you can't have the tone of Fender this his a fact, but it's work very well, as you said, it's a personal taste :) 

Yup that's the point!

13 minutes ago, noise_art said:

I had another Corvette Standard for sale, which I decided to keep it for now. Only wood remained in that bass - I changed everything (added nordstrand pre/basstec pickups, changed  the bridge for brass  one)

Sorry to be off topic (you can replay me on MP if you want) but I'm curious, did you ear a big difference between standard and brass bridge ? Because the price difference is huge anyway. And what about the preamp and pickups ? I think to change the MEC on my SS2 to had something with less high end sound.

Guest Marcoelwray

Oddly, even if this 'vette sounds awesome, it sounds too jazzy for me. It has lost its "Sound of wood" a little.

But anyway, our fingers sound awesome on both basses so basically we shoul'nt give a **** about the gear ! Love your groove.

1 hour ago, Djooh said:

Sorry to be off topic (you can replay me on MP if you want) but I'm curious, did you ear a big difference between standard and brass bridge ? Because the price difference is huge anyway. And what about the preamp and pickups ? I think to change the MEC on my SS2 to had something with less high end sound.

I cannot answer shortly.
I put BadAss V bridge into high-end Supra Sonic bass recently. It took all things that I didn't like from that instrument.
The red one corvette has faster low's it's not so "woolly". But notice that Basstecs that I was looking for a long time for this bass do the job too.
The most unacceptable thing for me is that this brass bridge costs a lot. But it is another thing that most of basses that we have in the market now are overpriced :/

And it's not true that "better brigde" is better - for example, I put Hipshot Transtone (heavy one) into my Mensfeld precision, which I've moded too. It's a budget bass (you cannot find it out of Poland), was made in 90 by Maciej Mensfeld (some of his High Class instruments were listed once on the Luthiers Access Group). It was my second bass when I was kid. Sentimental journey.
I changed everything in it and it sounds really cool (but it's imossible to resell it and I accept that). To be honest I prefered the stock Chinese/Korean bridge from 90's. It was warm/round etc.
So - according to the question - it's a myth that better bridge is a point as many people say.
Every bass has it's own harmness, we cannot judge until we try.

1 hour ago, Marcoelwray said:

Oddly, even if this 'vette sounds awesome, it sounds too jazzy for me. It has lost its "Sound of wood" a little.

But anyway, our fingers sound awesome on both basses so basically we shoul'nt give a **** about the gear ! Love your groove.

First, you're too kind, I am not worthy! :)

I got ya with this "sound of wood" but it still depends to me where the bass would be used.
I played on many Warwicks that were simply a piece of stinky poo as well as Fenders etc. It's a wood, not just - you know, repeatable 
things. But it's another story and I belive you know what I mean.
Some of them could be better when you replace goods inside.

For some personal reason I could try to change harmness, take off the MECs in order to "achieve more concrete" sound to my personal taste. But I don't. Let it play with someone else, just where it will fit better because it's a descent bass at all!

Edited by noise_art

8 minutes ago, Marcoelwray said:

@noise_art 

przepraszam, przepraszam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😅

I meant "YOUR" fingers. (even if our sounds good too in the sentence)

aah, no matter buddy, we're all a family :)

Back to the point, I know that maybe I am a little "unknown" here but I can vote for basses that I have/owned! :)
Sometimes you sell basses when "they" done all things that these had to :) And to be honest it's nothing bad in this point!

Edited by noise_art

• MB1 locked this topic