Why become a member? ×

NBD - must be my 5th or 6th Nanyo

TheGreek

The latest Bass Collection Nanyo arrived earlier - great basses - I love them but always sell them when I feel I have "too many" basses - they're always the first to go only to be replaced months later when I realise what a schmuck I've been selling the last.

This one's Metallic Electric Navy Blue - Ii needed a good clean as it hasn't been used for a while - I plan to take the paint off the neck leaving a natural satin finish, change the strings to a 35-95s and lower the action. Hoping to keep this one - well at least till a high end, series 5 or 6 becomes available.

Pics to follow.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, discreet said:

I've always been intrigued by these - and people's attitudes towards them - but have never taken the plunge. Is there something of the Spector about them, or is that purely superficial? Ahh... this must be what you wanted the black control knobs for! ;)

They are super light, perfectly balanced, the neck profile is sooo right, PJ arrangement and the build quality is excellent. Very ergonomic and user friendly.

If you hunt about you can find them for under £200, occasionally you can steal one for under £100. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Needs a set up and the action lowered (significantly). Could do with a new set of strings - fortunately I have a few.

It is gorgeous. I remember gazing at these in wonder at the guitar shop near school. Such a strange headstock, so modern and elegant compared to the Fenders and Rickenbackers drawn all over my schoolbooks! I must have been 13, so just as the obsession was beginning!

Never got to play one sadly. I think they would be too dinky for me, but I'd love a go!

7 minutes ago, discreet said:

Look at the first pic - the nut is slightly out of position. A light tap in the right direction, and Hey Presto! Robert is your mother's brother, or something.

I hadn't noticed that! I was more concerned by the E and G being wrapped the wrong way round the posts. A common error with these basses.