Why become a member? ×

Farnham Double Bass Academy

philparker

Davis Heyes is starting a new Surrey-based Double Bass Academy in Farnham (previously in Wells).

I'm on the iPad now, so can't give all the details, but if anyone would like to hear more?

The Spire Church, South Street, Farnham, Surrey GU9 7QU 

• Farnham Double Bass Academy is a new and exciting venture and is open to bassists of all ages and abilities from grade 4-5 level and no auditions are required. FDBA is sponsored by Recital Music and our workshops are known for their friendly and relaxed approach enabling bassists to study new music and develop technical skills in a positive and encouraging environment. There will be 9 or 10 workshops each year and bassists are welcome to attend as many as they are able. The workshops will feature a range of double bass skills including a technical warm-up, bowing studies, performance opportunities, new commissions and bass ensembles. Each session will end with an informal concert. 

Horsham is just a bit far for me, Neil, but I think it is a great thing your are promoting/educating and I would encourage anybody reading to consider attending. These workshops are comparatively inexpensive to join and you get so much out of them.

hats off to you, Neil, for organising!