Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender American Standard Precision - 2016 - Original Hardcase - Olympic White + Rosewood.
£800

chrisaxe

PRICE DROP - NOW £750

Hi everyone,

For tentative sale is my lovely 2016 Fender American Standard Precision Bass. This has been my main bass since I bought it new a couple of years ago. I've used it countless times in the studio and it has toured with me all over Europe. It's a great bass with a lot of mojo, and strung with LaBella flats it has that old school P-Bass tone in spades. This is one of the last American Standard Precisions made before Fender changed to the American Pro series, and features a really great sounding Custom Shop 60's pickup.

As you can see by the photos, it has a few chips and dents in the body. None of these affect the playability in any way - they are purely cosmetic. I have tried to accurately capture these in the photos but I am happy to take some more if required. I have replaced the bridge with a slightly different Fender high mass bridge to stock, but I have included the original bridge if you would like to swap it back. Both bridges allow for you to string through the body, which is pretty cool. I have also replaced the pots and input jack as the originals were getting pretty crackly. I used the pots from this upgrade kit, but the capacitor was not replaced and is still stock - https://www.charlesguitars.co.uk/parts-shop/jazz-bass-and-p-bass/premium-vintage-precision-bass-ae-electronics-upgrade-kit . The bass sounds great, these pots are a really good upgrade to the crackly originals and have worked beautifully since.

I also added the old school chrome bridge and pickup covers. These are not currently fitted to the bass but are included in the sale. I think they look great!

That's about it... neck is straight, truss rod works fine. Nice low action. Just a really solid bass which sounds great, looks great and plays brilliantly.

I will include the original hardcase and tools (truss rod and bridge alan keys etc) along with the paperwork which came with the bass.

I am happy to ship worldwide at buyers expense.

I'll include some links to videos and recordings below. Any questions just drop me a message!

Chris.

DSC_4096.JPG

DSC_4097.JPG

DSC_4098.JPG

DSC_4099.JPG

DSC_4100.JPG

DSC_4101.JPG

DSC_4102.JPG

DSC_4103.JPG

DSC_4104.JPG

DSC_4105.JPG

DSC_4106.JPG