Why become a member? ×

Cool new synth pedal - Meris Enzo

Quatschmacher

This has so much going on under the hood: ring mod, ladder and state-variable filters, arpeggiator, mono and poly modes, square and saw waves, pitch shifting, expression-peda-controlled patch morphing, delay, choice between envelope follower or triggered envelope! All controllable from the panel.

Love the separate preset switching pedal too. 

https://www.meris.us/product/enzo/

Edited by Quatschmacher

9 hours ago, lee650 said:

Aha the new must have!! Looks fantastic and a more sensible size than the bananana matroyshka 😁

Yup three times the size of the 🍌M but costing "only" 60% more at a slightly eye watering £319.

It is a cool pedal though for sure, although primarily aimed at guitarists methinks?

Presets for many gigging bassist is a "must have" feature to get the most out of a multi-option pedal such as this, and this sadly has NIL.

I suspect at the price point they are coming in at it will not be a choice for most bass-synth enthusiasts between getting this and a 🍌M but getting the Enzo or a Future Impact which is another £15, is a dedicated bass pedal and has 99 presets.

Edited by Al Krow

8 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Presets for many gigging bassist is a "must have" feature to get the most out of a multi-option pedal such as this, and this sadly has NIL.

Not true, maybe you didn’t read all the specs or watch the video. This has 16 presets, accessible via a proprietary 4-button switch, expression pedal or anything which sends MIDI PC messages (though again it looks like there’s an extra box required similar to the SA Hub to access the last option)

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Whatever you do - don’t watch the PedalsAndEffects demo of this pedal. They make it sound like poopoo 😅

Quite right. As a way of becoming aware of pedals, I enjoy their videos, but often they don’t manage to show them off to their fullest potential and sometimes they’ve even bordered on misinformation. Zach Rizer’s reviews are much better in that regard as he is very knowledgeable about the technical aspects of each pedal and spends time meticulously showing what they can do. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

Here’s the hub-type interface:

https://m.thomann.de/gb/meris_midi_i_o_midi_interface.htm

Connects up to four of their pedals with standard TRS cables and standard MIDI cables and is a similar price to the SA Hub.

No USB port though so appears that a MIDI-to-USB cable or wireless Bluetooth adapter is required fo PC connectivity to store SysEx files.

Edited by Quatschmacher

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Here’s the hub-type interface:

https://m.thomann.de/gb/meris_midi_i_o_midi_interface.htm

Connects up to four of their pedals with standard TRS cables and standard MIDI cables and is a similar price to the SA Hub.

No USB port though so appears that a MIDI-to-USB cable or wireless Bluetooth adapter is required fo PC connectivity to store SysEx files.

So that takes the total to > £400 for a "gig-able" Enzo. Ouch. 

And there won't be a glut of them coming used for a while, I suspect so it will be "full fat" pricing for a while.

But Q, you're welcome to blaze a trail for us and I'll happily pick this up third hand (after Cam) in a couple of years time when you're both bored with it...😂

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

Ha! It would indeed. Though installation would be more of a challenge. A Matryoshka however would fit in the control cavity with plenty of room to spare!

In its favour, the Enzo does look like it's a step up from the 🍌M. But given the price premium you're paying, you'd very much hope so.

Cam - I'd recommend spending a bit of time with a 🍌M before getting it permanently added to your Wingbass. It's definitely not a "no brainer" as a pedal in the way that a Manta or FI might be. Pop round when you've finished your tour and feel free to give mine a workout.

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Cam - I'd recommend spending a bit of time with a 🍌M before getting it permanently added to your Wingbass. It's definitely not a "no brainer" as a pedal in the way that a Manta or FI might be. Pop round when you've finished your tour and feel free to give mine a workout.

I may well take you up on that offer actually

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

So that takes the total to > £400 for a "gig-able" Enzo. Ouch. 

And there won't be a glut of them coming used for a while, I suspect so it will be "full fat" pricing for a while.

But Q, you're welcome to blaze a trail for us and I'll happily pick this up third hand (after Cam) in a couple of years time when you're both bored with it...😂

In its favour, the Enzo does look like it's a step up from the 🍌M. But given the price premium you're paying, you'd very much hope so.

I’m definitely up for mail ordering one once they hit Europe and giving it a try. 

So... I'm now sufficiently interested in this to have read some of the manual... 

It appears that on its own the Enzo can only store 1 preset. 

With an exp pedal, it can morph between 2... (But can it store 2 if powered off???) 

The additional 4 button will allow it to recall 4 presets. 

The additional midi box will allow it to recall 16 presets via midi PC

the midi box will also allow infinite presets to be recalled by midi sysex files.

Realistically I think for my setup, a pedal with this much functionality would really need at least 16 presets to make it worth whyle.... So the midi box would be essential. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GisserD said:

So... I'm now sufficiently interested in this to have read some of the manual... 

It appears that on its own the Enzo can only store 1 preset. 

With an exp pedal, it can morph between 2... (But can it store 2 if powered off???) 

The additional 4 button will allow it to recall 4 presets. 

The additional midi box will allow it to recall 16 presets via midi PC

the midi box will also allow infinite presets to be recalled by midi sysex files.

Realistically I think for my setup, a pedal with this much functionality would really need at least 16 presets to make it worth whyle.... So the midi box would be essential. 

Definitely read the TB threadon this and ask Angelo about anything which is unclear. He’s been very helpful and quick to respond. 

Got a couple of these in this week. Lovely synth sounds and the filter control works well. A lot of the future impact tones can be found in here but with better tracking. Switching between square and triangle is useful. Choosing the pitch is straightforward. 

Didnt get a lot of time with it but in a short time it did a lot. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tonyxtiger said:

Got a couple of these in this week. Lovely synth sounds and the filter control works well. A lot of the future impact tones can be found in here but with better tracking. Switching between square and triangle is useful. Choosing the pitch is straightforward. 

Didnt get a lot of time with it but in a short time it did a lot. 

A couple??? Are you a retailer??