Why become a member? ×

Laney nexus tube bass head and Laney nx810 cab
£800

Ewan Aitken

Now sold!!!

£750 price drop !!!!!!! amp+cabinet  Laney nexus tube head and Laney Nexus cab, head is in mint condition with original box and papee work and foot pedal and with all cables. 

Looking down down size my bass rig as its just way too big for my home studio. The Nexus tube bass head has 400 watts of pure all valve power, absolute immaculate  condition as I only bought it a few month ago. The head comes with foot switch and all original packaging and instruction manual. Also contains all original valves. The cab has a couple of scratches of scuffs on it and can handle up 1600 watts of power and is in fact the cabinet from the same Nexus bass range. 
call 07780387588:)

I am willing to deliver within 50 miles of Livingston.

IMG_20180602_005829.jpg

Edited by Ewan Aitken
Sale
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ewan Aitken said:

Mate I have been trying to sell it for ten months 😐, like the head is in superb condition and the cab is in great condition 

Yeah, people seem to be moving away from the big (proper) valve jobs and on to class D stuff. I've owned both and I think class D is a bit sterile. I currently use a 300w Traynor. 

Best of luck with the sale anyway, hopefully somebody will pick this up soon. 

I know the demographic on here is towards the more, erm, rich in years*, but you'd think there'd be a few young turks around who'd have jumped at this.

* AKA 'Glass-backed old geezers'...

Edit: Just to clarify; I'm including myself in the prevalent demographic... 😕🙂

Edited by Muzz

2 hours ago, Muzz said:

...'Glass-backed old geezers'...

I'd have to admit to being as 'glass-backed' as they come, and even older than that (dunno about the 'geezer' bit, but still...); I'd still be highly interested in this ensemble, but for 1 - already having several valve amps, 2 - not having any spare cash at all for now, 3 - living on a different part of our common tectonic plate and 4 - being a drummer (..!).
I'd echo the surprise above about this not having been snapped up; this amp has not 1, not 2, not 4, but 8 (yes, eight..!) KT88 valves, which are without question, the valves for a bass amp. I have a Hiwatt DR205 (200w PA head...) for bass, which has four of these valves, and is clean up to the heavens, even at stadium/festival volumes; this Nexus has more potential (is that even possibles..?), plus the full set of bass-purpose controls to dial in grit if needed, and all mod cons for going to FOH or recording console. The pricing is keen; very keen. If it's still here when I get my lottery win (which I doubt; I've yet to buy a ticket...), I'll be over in a jiffy with my estate car to load it up (I'd need some help with that, of course, being even older than that, and glass-backed...).
Meanwhile, have a bump, and good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

Yup. You're not the only one. 

My mouth has been watering at this add for days now. 

Unfortunately as I live in Bulgaria, and currently financially embarrassed due to renovating property it's also sadly a no go for me on both accounts. 

I can't believe someone hasn't snapped this up yet. 

I think it's more people not realising Laney made an amp this epic: for a very long time Laney positioned themselves towards the budget end of the bass amp world (and that's no criticism - they sold lots of amps in the process), and I've just had a look at their range and seen several amps I had no idea existed.

I've seen this amp about on Gumtree and Facebook groups for the past few months, and to be completely honest I rarely see big setups like this shifting easily. There's not too many bands around Glasgow and the west coast, or even Scotland, who really need an amp that size, and shipping it isn't really an option. Not to mention that folk on Gumtree and that Facebook music gear group generally want something for nothing; very rarely does stuff go for top dollar, especially bass gear. I tried selling one of my Matt Freeman P Basses on there earlier in the year for somewhere in the region of £275-300 and didn't get an offer higher than £200, even though the asking price was the going rate on here.

19 hours ago, Ewan Aitken said:

I am genuinely starting to thing there is a bit if laney snobbery, even though this Rig had been used by the bassist from Skindread too. 

Dan sounded might fine though that rig. 

This rig is amazing but because no many people on here seem to think that Laney are a credible company now. They need to remember That both Toni iomi and geezer butler both used all tube Laney bass and guitar heads so their rigs. That's when you drive any all tube laney amp they sound brilliant 

Good luck with this. I owned one recently and loved it. For anyone considering, the weight if the head doesn't actually feel it due to the handle placement and how solid they are. Recessed bars. As easy to shift imo as most 200w out there. 

Massively versatile tone as well and surprisinglt easy to engage or disengage aspects of the amp you want. Eg. Turn compressor on off, the graphic, the get channel.... You can go as simple or complex as you like. 

When this opens up, it's epic and there's nothing quite like standing in front of this much power pushing your tone. 

Very best of luck man, someone is gonna get a great rig. 

I'm surprised by this thread with people saying that (other people think) Laney isn't a good brand. 

Admittedly I've been out of the game for a good few years, but when I started playing 30 years ago Laney were considered (in my area at least) to be one of the best bass rigs you could buy. 

I had a 30w Laney combo as my first amp and the thing was superb. Easily loud enough to hold its own against our guitarists 100w amp and a drummer, and that was playing loud heavy metal. 

When I got back into playing a few months back the first thing I looked at was Laney and bought myself an old 1x15 combo, which is again easily loud enough to keep up with (now 2) guitars and drums. 

I would absolutely love to own this rig!