Why become a member? ×

NAD anticipation

Paddy515

I must say I'm quite excited by the prospect of a new to me Ampeg SVT 2. Bought through Gtree from a very helpfull guy up north. He sent me a good demo video but he only had a guitar to play through it. What should I expect come Monday - delivery day!!! Even if the head seems to perform well, should I get a service done straight away just to be on the safe side? Included is a copy of the advert.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-bass-amplifiers/sold-ampeg-svt-ii-non-pro-all-tube-bass-amp/1312485002

On 08/09/2018 at 23:09, casapete said:

Looks good! Great price too, so assuming you love the sound it makes / plan on keeping it (which I'm sure you will!) I would use some of the saving and get an amp tech to give it the once over. Good luck , nice one.

And spend the rest of the saving on going to the gym so that you can lift it! 😆

Seriously though, incredible sounding amps - and an absolute bargain at that price. Congrats! 

• 2 weeks later...

Head back from the tec today. He had a good root round and changed a diode which was in the process of burning through - it is 26 years old. And that was it - £30, thanks very much!!! Has 6 Mesa tubes fitted by a previous owner not so long ago.  Sounds like an earthquake now through 2 x SVT 115Es. Happy days!!!

Edited by Paddy515
  • Like 1