Why become a member? ×

The Realist Double Bass Transducer Pickup - Copper Head - Withdrawn
£125

6feet7

Bought last year, fitted and then never used (except to tune the bass). I just don't use my double bass live, so rather than have £190.00 worth of pickup sitting here I think it should go to someone who might actually use it.

Here's the blurb from the website:

• For Acoustic Upright Bass
  • Does not require a pre-amp or other active, battery powered gear
  • Produces a rich and powerful response that is acoustically true for both pizzicato and arco without adjusting controls
  • The flexible element fits under the bridge foot picking up sound from both the bridge and top plate - Does not include 1/4" both ends cable
  • Designed by Ned Steinberger in association with David Gage           
The Realist Upright Bass acoustic transducer was designed by Ned Steinberger in association with David Gage. 
A primary design goal was to create a transducer that would work equally well for pizzicato and arco through commonly used amplifiers, without requiring a pre-amp or other active, battery powered gear. A flexible element fits under the bridge foot so that it picks up sound from both the bridge and top plate. 
Produces a rich and powerful response that is acoustically true for both pizzicato and arco without adjusting controls. No preamp necessary. 
Easy installation. Just plug it in.

Edited by 6feet7