Why become a member? ×

Techniques subforum?

RichardH

With the eminently sensible suggestion of the sharpening thread becoming a sticky, and a couple more threads/discussions within threads cropping up about various techniques, would it perhaps be handy to have a subforum for techniques etc? There's loads of really good advice that is squirrelled away within particular build threads, and it might be good to have somewhere to feature it...

Just a thought.... feel free to shoot me down/delete.

...actually - the repairs and technical forum already exists doesn't it - doh!

Edited by RichardH
I'm an idiot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardH said:

With the eminently sensible suggestion of the sharpening thread becoming a sticky, and a couple more threads/discussions within threads cropping up about various techniques, would it perhaps be handy to have a subforum for techniques etc? There's loads of really good advice that is squirrelled away within particular build threads, and it might be good to have somewhere to feature it...

Just a thought.... feel free to shoot me down/delete.

...actually - the repairs and technical forum already exists doesn't it - doh!

Yup.

Full marks for the suggestion though.

Repairs could be seen as how to do specifics like pup changes. I think the build section should be the place to put this stuff. Maybe a sticky thread with links and a description to any relevant threads posted in here, then it doesn't matter if they get lost in time as they can easily be found. Then if someone feels that some thread or other needs adding they can post the link there and the OP/Moderator/Admin can add it to the top post and delete the suggestion keeping it tidy. Also that way it doesn't matter if the thread to be added is here or in the repairs and technical forum