Why become a member? ×

Nice looking Warwick

NickA

Streamers from the 90s are superb! The earlier the better!

I have a 90s 5er with barts and will never sell it. The exact same model but from a year later than mine is currently listed in the BC classifieds for a very similar price.

If this one on eBay tempts you if would advise the one in the classifieds would be the better choice.

Bit of a choice in the BC classifieds right now. 

We can have 4-string, 5-string, MJ, or soap-bars, Seymour Duncan or Barts, natural wood or Nirvana Black.  Stage 1 or Stage 2, "1990s" or "German Team-built".  Even a glossy white one (not my thing).

The one I think dyerseve means is the same price as the Stage 2 and ... gold hardware.  Black is so much nicer IMHO.

Anyway .. off the e-bay topic; should be in a Warwick thread.  Thanks for the advice.

2 hours ago, NickA said:

Bit of a choice in the BC classifieds right now. 

We can have 4-string, 5-string, MJ, or soap-bars, Seymour Duncan or Barts, natural wood or Nirvana Black.  Stage 1 or Stage 2, "1990s" or "German Team-built".  Even a glossy white one (not my thing).

The one I think dyerseve means is the same price as the Stage 2 and ... gold hardware.  Black is so much nicer IMHO.

Anyway .. off the e-bay topic; should be in a Warwick thread.  Thanks for the advice.

Yeah sorry I realise there are a few up for sale at the no but only one 5er with barts and yes it is the one with gold hardware but it is the solid brass bridge which I think really adds to the tone.

The glossy white one was mine and it was me that had it painted that colour(no offence taken btw lol).

The natural '93 4 string stage 1 is actually mine - I do love my Streamers lol but need to thin the herd - a lot!!!  

No offence intended; I'm just a bit of a coffee table perv.  Nothing like having a nice bit of wood in your hand :¬)

My 2001 Dolphin Pro1 has "gold" hardware; but the "gold" rubs off revealing grey "stuff" beneath.  Solid Brass, now that is a bit different.

18 minutes ago, NickA said:

No offence intended; I'm just a bit of a coffee table perv.  Nothing like having a nice bit of wood in your hand :¬)

My 2001 Dolphin Pro1 has "gold" hardware; but the "gold" rubs off revealing grey "stuff" beneath.  Solid Brass, now that is a bit different.

That grey stuff i believe is a layer of plating used in the process to gold plate the brass. 

Shotblasting it can produce very cool results as you may have seen on that gloss white Streamer that was mine. That was solid brass gold coloured hardware that had faded.