Why become a member? ×

Wow...just "wow"

TheGreek

Absolutely superlative! Build quality looks as good or better than the real McCoy! 

Love this level of detail being lavished on something that can contribute to making music that has the power to bring joy to peoples lives.

Music matters people!

(Sorry, I've had a few beers)

Message from the seller.

New message from: renzo123456(257Turquoise Star)

Some may like it, some not ... thats quite normal - opinions are always different , but none of these people have ever played it ... 
I have read many good things about W. Kist guitars also, and in that time in 1980 a guitar costed 5.000 DM. 

I'm not a member of that group, so I don't care ....

On 08/09/2018 at 14:14, TheGreek said:

Message from the seller.

Some may like it, some not ... thats quite normal - opinions are always different , but none of these people have ever played it ... 
I have read many good things about W. Kist guitars also, and in that time in 1980 a guitar costed 5.000 DM. 

Hmmmmm. That's 5000DM, not €5000. It's a long time since I had to think in DM but I think that's about £1500, maybe less.

I'm inclined to think those are not the original pickups - the wood surrounds look like an afterthought. and don't match the build quality of the rest, to my eyes. I'd guess they're a later modification & are covering older routes.

Another bass displaying exceptional craftsmanship (aside from the wonky pup rings) but ultimately ending up pretty ugly - although this one's very much of its time.

Anyone else clock the Aria Pro style bridge?

On 08/09/2018 at 14:14, TheGreek said:

Message from the seller.

On 10/09/2018 at 22:20, prowla said:

5000 USD, it says (approx £3800)!

Nope. Pretty sure that the piece I quoted says 5000 DM. I can tell. I'm good at this stuff.

twas (reportedly) 5000DM new; he wants 5000USD used.  Ie it's £3,800 which is, frankly, bit much below the price of a real alembic:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALEMBIC-20TH-Anniversary-Bass-USA-1989-Limited-200/183427435037?hash=item2ab5208a1d:g:CtEAAOSwrcxbe~7l)

One of Wolfgang Kist's guitars here:  https://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/EXTREMELY-RARE-VINTAGE-80s-WOLFGANG-KIST-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-HANDMADE-IN-GERMANY-/231790392237

Less amazing woodwork & lower price than the bass.  This one also seems to have had the pickups replaced (check out the screw holes); but Kist Guitars really were built with DiMarzios - I guess it was what you could get in the late 70s.  Seems the man Wolfgang was quite fond of them.