Why become a member? ×

UPS - Unbelievably Poor Service. Avoid this courier...

Dood

I've got a parcel being delivered by DPD later. I had a text first thing this morning telling me to expect the delivery between 13.36 and 14.36, the driver's name is Raj. I've had quite a few things delivered by them, they're usually pretty good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geek99 said:

I used to think that UPS were golden. I've recently sent a parcel (signed for) to someone and it did not turn up. UPS were able to produce Proof of Delivery, but she insisted it was not her signature and had been in all day. I suspected that she was lying initially, but reasoning it through decided that I really had no reason to do so. 

When I kicked off at UPS the parcel magically arrived with her, so the POD was clearly faked . 

Investigation is ongoing apparently but I hope they fire him/her

My first real courier problem from Hermes recently.....'parcel not collected/unsuitable'. I bought a PA amp and the seller was very helpful all along.

Parcel WAS collected and a collection sticker applied by the Hermes driver as such, then 'lost' in the system of depots, apparently all because Hermes didn't put the large address sticker on, or possibly because the seller hadn't printed one off but that is for the Hermes agent to rectify at time of collection.

Luckily my seller had photographed all details on the box which were used as proof direct to Hermes. Zillions of emails and live chats, (no real person to contact, where IS the number?), threats of ombudsman and police involvement

finally led to my parcel being delivered safe and sound.

My lesson learnt....get photos whenever possible as proof and make sure everyone stickers the damn thing.....and insure!

34 minutes ago, ambient said:

I've got a parcel being delivered by DPD later. I had a text first thing this morning telling me to expect the delivery between 13.36 and 14.36, the driver's name is Raj. I've had quite a few things delivered by them, they're usually pretty good.

DPD deliver Shalla's food - they email me to tell me when it's due and who the driver is.

Last week there was a problem with their system so delivery was "cancelled" - rescheduled for the following say - only to arrive two hours later. They went the extra mile despite tech problems...thinking about it now, I should have added something to the "Daily awesomeness" thread but was busy photographing an amp which I'd sold...old age...I forgot.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

DPD deliver Shalla's food - they email me to tell me when it's due and who the driver is.

Last week there was a problem with their system so delivery was "cancelled" - rescheduled for the following say - only to arrive two hours later. They went the extra mile despite tech problems...thinking about it now, I should have added something to the "Daily awesomeness" thread but was busy photographing an amp which I'd sold...old age...I forgot.

I have had similar service from DPD and even a picture of the parcel in the cupboard by the front door to show it was there.

That's not to say others haven't had such a good service. It seems most of these firms are a bit hit and miss.

while I've had plenty of issues with DPD over the years (they were truly appalling at finding my old address (house name, not a number) and would routinely tell me a delivery was on the way, and then that nobody was home when the driver had just given up...wasn't just them, Amazon were much worse), I have to agree that they have put a lot of time and effort into an app that works and is genuinely helpful.  I don't suggest that it makes them any better at not losing or breaking stuff (I have no measure for that), only that when it makes it on to the delivery van, it's very good for the recipient.

• 3 weeks later...

Another one from the staff of UPS: (a reconstruction of real events)

Sender: The parcel is all ready and I'll be in all day tomorrow.

Receiver: Collection booked.

Sender: UPS didn't come to collect the parcel.

Receiver: UPS didn't fulfil the collection. They said that the parcel wasn't ready for collection.

Sender: How could they possibly know that if they didn't even show up at the address. Oh and they were wrong anyway. 

We didn't go as far as to send them photographs made the day before of the labelled box sat next to my front door. 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Ups seem to be using non-ups staff (unmarked folk, unmarked vehicles) now. 

Yes, i had a very valuable (£6000+) UPS delivery yesterday from a shady looking bloke in an even shadier looking unmarked van.

All is OK with the contents however.

Me too until recently 

I sent one package to Manchester with ups and the guy forged the proof of delivery. Buyer claimed adamantly it was not her signature. 

When I brought this to their attention the parcel magically turned up one day later despite earlier “proof of delivery”