Why become a member? ×

UPS - Unbelievably Poor Service. Avoid this courier...

Dood

51 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Utter joke.

The integrity of a company isn’t about how it’s regulaly successful at doing what it’s supposed to - that’s the bare minimum standard you expect. It’s about how it deals with things when it goes wrong.

UPS don’t seem to be good at the customer service stuff at all - the guy arguing on the step with me about 3rd party collections etc was just another stage in me never using them again.

Ok Basschat appears to be eating my posts. So I’ll try a third time before I give up tonight.

This exactly my point. I can forgive a company for a service failure. “We’re only human” is fine. What I find totally unacceptable though is when a company knows it is 100% their fault yet through a failure or process or even just common decency, they make matters worse and worse.

The responses ranged from ‘not bothered canned responses to borderline rude. The comment above was literally unbelievable. They had a detailed account that included confirmation from their own driver that the parcel in question had been picked up, yet they still didn’t care for it or their customer. 

Right up until the CEO’s office stepped in. 

They stopped the investigation (I.e. sitting around doing fcuk all) at day 8. A further 2 days passed with no communication and then........

2 hours ago, GisserD said:

the suspense is killing me!!!

this is WAY better than Emerdale!

Oh man, I can't believe this! I've not been able to post anything on this thread for almost a day (trying) then all of my attempts mysteriously appear! What's going on!

Anyway.. Just to drag it out a little bit longer, you're gonna have to wait until tomorrow!! After the investigation was closed, we went back to the Management Concerns team absolutely appalled by the abrupt halt to proceedings and the lack of any sort of sympathy considering it was UPS themselves who had not only screwed up but lost (for me) a sought after instrument. Oh and the shop would have to foot the entire bill for the loss!

Edited by Dood
Autocorrect being a douche.

Yes apologies! My day has been a busy one away from my computer mostly.

Ok, if you are all sitting comfortably, then I will begin.

But first, a quick recap. UPS Customer Services up until this point had taken 8 days to do what essentially feels like "not much". At the 11th hour, the UK CEO stepped in after a lengthy communication from the shop supplying the bass.

And...... can you chuffing believe it, FOUND THE BASS in what seemed like 30 minutes flat! Yes, it took having to track down the UK CEO to put this debacle straight. 

Needless to say, the box (condition unknown at the time) was sent straight back to the shop in question to be inspected. I had a long, long conversation with them about how I was feeling and then FINALLY yesterday said box of joy was despatched out to me: 

• Like 1

And here she is, the object of my affections. One Y.O.B Fender Precision Bass (1976) Of course in natural with a rosewood fingerboard. 

This is a very specific configuration for a reason. Firstly, because I grew up listening to Queen. The late-70's mid-d80's era of John Deacon's "main" precision bass actually had it's sunburst finish removed to natural, rather than this one that came as is. Said Precion bass ended up having a refinish in black with gold hardware, which is rather sexy! Anyway, I digress...

I've been trying to find this spec bass for ages and have never been able to afford one. (I've just sold lots of bass gear!!!)

Also, many years ago, my mum helped me buy my first precision bass (which I tried to re-buy last year when it resurfaced some 25 years later on this very forum, but the seller wouldn't budge). I've always felt rubbish about selling it, so it will help put my mind at ease now that I have replaced it. - Funnily enough, same colour scheme!

And, finally, to bring this long tale to an end, I have of course a huge thank you to make. WUNJO GUITARS https://www.wunjoguitars.com for being, frankly, bloody amazing in all of this. I've had so many conversations with Jimmy in the bass department that he's practically family now. They kept on at UPS every day and would not let this situation drop for a second. They've displayed a customer service that I've not experienced "when the sh*t hits the fan" and get my thorough thumbs up. 

I'd also like to thank Tom who stepped up to the challenge of recording me a whole bunch of videos so I could see and hear the bass in action as I was unable to get down to London to see it in person. Now that we are getting acquainted, me and the bass are gonna see if we hit it off together. We've just played through the whole of Queen's The Miracle from start to finish and that went pretty well.

IMG_3864.JPG

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, BassApprentice said:

Been a fair few roller-coaster rides recently on this forum.

But I'm so glad they mostly have had happy endings! Congrats and hopefully you can finally enjoy it! 

Oh maaaaan have there!!!! PHEW!

Thank you so much indeed, thank you!

Incidentally, on the subject of QUEEN: This day in 1976 they played their famous free gig in Hyde Park to an estimated 150,000+ audience. So I'm celebrating with my new bass :) 

IMG_3864.JPG

35 minutes ago, Dood said:

And here she is, the object of my affections. One Y.O.B Fender Precision Bass (1976) Of course in natural with a rosewood fingerboard. 

This is a very specific configuration for a reason. Firstly, because I grew up listening to Queen. The late-70's mid-d80's era of John Deacon's "main" precision bass actually had it's sunburst finish removed to natural, rather than this one that came as is. Said Precion bass ended up having a refinish in black with gold hardware, which is rather sexy! Anyway, I digress...

I've been trying to find this spec bass for ages and have never been able to afford one. (I've just sold lots of bass gear!!!)

Also, many years ago, my mum helped me buy my first precision bass (which I tried to re-buy last year when it resurfaced some 25 years later on this very forum, but the seller wouldn't budge). I've always felt rubbish about selling it, so it will help put my mind at ease now that I have replaced it. - Funnily enough, same colour scheme!

And, finally, to bring this long tale to an end, I have of course a huge thank you to make. WUNJO GUITARS https://www.wunjoguitars.com for being, frankly, bloody amazing in all of this. I've had so many conversations with Jimmy in the bass department that he's practically family now. They kept on at UPS every day and would not let this situation drop for a second. They've displayed a customer service that I've not experienced "when the sh*t hits the fan" and get my thorough thumbs up. 

I'd also like to thank Tom who stepped up to the challenge of recording me a whole bunch of videos so I could see and hear the bass in action as I was unable to get down to London to see it in person. Now that we are getting acquainted, me and the bass are gonna see if we hit it off together. We've just played through the whole of Queen's The Miracle from start to finish and that went pretty well.

IMG_3864.JPG

That is an ending I like :)

May I say Dood, although we never had many (if any) dealings on this forum, I've always respected and valued your considered and knowledgable input on many topics. So I probably speak for most if not all of basschat that you absolutely deserve this positive ending. 

I'm positively thrilled for you!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, GisserD said:

That is an ending I like :)

May I say Dood, although we never had many (if any) dealings on this forum, I've always respected and valued your considered and knowledgable input on many topics. So I probably speak for most if not all of basschat that you absolutely deserve this positive ending. 

I'm positively thrilled for you!!! 

Goodness me, thank you. 🙏 That’s really thoughtful :) Aside from this debacle I’ve not been “in a good place” for a while now, so these words mean more to me than you realise.

This bass is to remind me of where I came from. Ey, no pressure ‘76 P, alright? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dood said:

Goodness me, thank you. 🙏 That’s really thoughtful :) Aside from this debacle I’ve not been “in a good place” for a while now, so these words mean more to me than you realise.

This bass is to remind me of where I came from. Ey, no pressure ‘76 P, alright? 

Wherever you came from (I think the planet bass), you are BC royalty now 👑 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

In one piece? Shocker!

Massively relieved for you mate x

You wouldn’t believe the relief when I met the courier today (who most definitely didn’t show up in a UPS van or uniform lol)

• Like 1