Why become a member? ×

UPS - Unbelievably Poor Service. Avoid this courier...

Dood

9 minutes ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Mind you, repotting the CEO raises some interesting mental images!!

Well, it seems we might not need to use the special repotting instructions (concrete, chains and a trip to the nearest pier) as the CEO could well have intervened. 

11 minutes ago, discreet said:

Ooh. Do tell.

10 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Fess up !

Well, put it this way, the usual response time for UPS to get back to us is about a day. The content of the communication is tepid at best.  An email sent to the CEO had a phone call back from the Management Concerns Department in 30 minutes. Awaiting further updates.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ambient said:

You shouldn’t have to resort to contacting CEOs though.

I agree, you shouldn't. You shouldn't also have customer services staff being short in their replies, nor unhelpful and totally non-commital when asked what they are doing to help. My experiences with UPS have totally put me off them. Not because this is a 'one off' in the eyes of those who haven't had any problem (yet) with UPS, but more down to the attitude I and the shop involved are getting from UPS. 

Let's see if anything comes back from the Management Concerns Department...

21 hours ago, Geek99 said:

I always Write Not CHECKED 

Because I learned in law school that the courier is the sellers agent and so risk passes. I’ve found that signing for it implies that you’ve accepted the good stuff in good condition as far as the courier is concerned. I want to withhold that until I’ve had a proper look 

52 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Because I learned in law school that the courier is the sellers agent and so risk passes. I’ve found that signing for it implies that you’ve accepted the good stuff in good condition as far as the courier is concerned. I want to withhold that until I’ve had a proper look 

Ditto, most of the time.

A couple of years ago I got some winter tyres for my car through Camskill - an X308 Jaguar XJ so quite a rare wheel size these days. 

I think the tyres came through DPD, though only one of two turned up. I raised a complaint with the courier and Camskill ended up sending a replacement FOC, which was fitted to the car. I did wonder how something as big and expensive as a tyre could go missing, since they don't package them, they just have the delivery label stuck on. 

I never thought I'd see the missing tyre again, since the courier had already forked out for the replacement. A few weeks later, a driver turned up in the dead of winter and handed me the original missing tyre, saying it had been found in a sorting depot! 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Chris2112 said:

...A few weeks later, a driver turned up in the dead of winter and handed me the original missing tyre, saying it had been found in a sorting depot! 

Nah, the bloke who nicked it found out later that it wouldn't fit a Mondeo, so chucked it to the back of the depot.

Possibly. :|

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Nah, the bloke who nicked it found out later that it wouldn't fit a Mondeo, so chucked it to the back of the depot.

Possibly. Almost certainly :|

UPS have a depot not far from me and a local Temping agency handled supplying temp staff.

A number of my friends worked there and reported that in the early hours of Monday morning (normally) warehouse staff would regularly search through and pilfer goods which had been in the warehouse over the weekend. This is why, if I do a deal where the goods would be in transit over the weekend, I ask the other party to hold onto the item till the beginning of the working week.

Not a guarantee goods won't be pilfered, just gives them less time to do it. 

12 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

UPS have a depot not far from me and a local Temping agency handled supplying temp staff.

A number of my friends worked there and reported that in the early hours of Monday morning (normally) warehouse staff would regularly search through and pilfer goods which had been in the warehouse over the weekend. This is why, if I do a deal where the goods would be in transit over the weekend, I ask the other party to hold onto the item till the beginning of the working week.

Not a guarantee goods won't be pilfered, just gives them less time to do it. 

Funnily I heard something similar and I was then sent a link to the video of the baggage handlers on flights that rifle through the baggage to see what cases are easy to open...

On 14/09/2018 at 18:48, bassfan said:

Any updates Dood??? 

Well, 

I know everyone is waiting for an update and sadly it got a lot worse long before anything improved. So, i’ll cover that first.

UPS give an 8 day window to, ehem, ‘resolve’ any problems. However, as both the shop and I quite literally had to plead customer services for answers and updates, our lack of responses lead to frustration that things weren’t moving quickly enough. When we did get through to our contact, he just threw us canned responses that we’ll have to go with the 8 days.. slightly frustrating when he kept telling us that is was “only day 5...” and that we’d still be stuck without knowing exactly what they were doing, if anything.. especially when it was obvious the poor chap couldn’t count either. He was always a day behind lol..

Day 9 came around and the CEO’s management concerns department had been mobilised. Yes, we had to go to the extent of finding the UK CEO’s office ourselves because customer services certainly wouldn’t escalate for us. Poor, poor show.

Day 10 arrived and there’s obviously some crossed wires in UPS, despite them having a blow by blow account including confirmation from their own driver that the parcel(s) were definitely collected on that day. Two parcels safely completed their journey, yet the box in question had disappeared in to thin air.

Then our hearts dropped:

Good afternoon,

Today the investigation was closed, unfortunately we were not able to locate the parcel after the checks with the depots and a claim will not be issued as you were not able to provide us a proof that the parcel was collected and we did not have any records that the parcel was within our system.

Kind Regards,

Paulius 

3 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

Oh poo, what now?

The investigation ended up taking 8 days and 30 minutes. I’ll be back after that pause they do in game shows, when they give you the bad news after the advert break...

Utter joke.

The integrity of a company isn’t about how it’s regulaly successful at doing what it’s supposed to - that’s the bare minimum standard you expect. It’s about how it deals with things when it goes wrong.

UPS don’t seem to be good at the customer service stuff at all - the guy arguing on the step with me about 3rd party collections etc was just another stage in me never using them again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Utter joke.

The integrity of a company isn’t about how it’s regulaly successful at doing what it’s supposed to - that’s the bare minimum standard you expect. It’s about how it deals with things when it goes wrong.

UPS don’t seem to be good at the customer service stuff at all - the guy arguing on the step with me about 3rd party collections etc was just another stage in me never using them again.

Yes, absolutely bang on. I can totally forgive small failures in service. “We’re only human” blah blah blah..

but to be repeatedly be given the run around by several staff members, not be included in communications and then to top it off saying we hadn’t supplied the necessary information that even I was CC’d in to at least three times...  I had to check I hadn’t taken too much medication.

They have demonstrated that they have no process and no idea what to do when something like this happens. It also seems they have no fall back system should something be “not scanned” at source.. oh and again at the depot. Fail, fail, fail.