Why become a member? ×

12 Bar Blues Bass Riffs

HughRichardson

• 1 month later...

Hi Hugh...big blues fan myself, I have just subscribed to your channel so hopefully I will find some useful tips on blues bass...unfortunately the two I have watched are a bit to simple, but I can imagine they will be useful for a complete beginner, all the best Bob.

On 23/10/2018 at 18:14, thebigyin said:

Hi Hugh...big blues fan myself, I have just subscribed to your channel so hopefully I will find some useful tips on blues bass...unfortunately the two I have watched are a bit to simple, but I can imagine they will be useful for a complete beginner, all the best Bob.

Hey Bob! Thanks so much for your subscription and comment! So glad you're enjoying the channel!

Since the whole aim of the channel is to help the kind folks like you who subscribe is there anything in particular you'd like me to cover on the subject of blues bass playing?

I'd be happy to make a video for you!

14 minutes ago, HughRichardson said:

Hey Bob! Thanks so much for your subscription and comment! So glad you're enjoying the channel!

Since the whole aim of the channel is to help the kind folks like you who subscribe is there anything in particular you'd like me to cover on the subject of blues bass playing?

I'd be happy to make a video for you!

Hi Hugh I cannot think of anything at the moment but please feel free to make a video if you have any ideas....like us all I tend to pinch ideas or try learn something that grabs my attention...if I see a clip or im listening to something I tend to try give it a go....but thankyou for your offer I will leave it in your capable hands, cheers Bob.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2018 at 16:49, thebigyin said:

Hi Hugh I cannot think of anything at the moment but please feel free to make a video if you have any ideas....like us all I tend to pinch ideas or try learn something that grabs my attention...if I see a clip or im listening to something I tend to try give it a go....but thankyou for your offer I will leave it in your capable hands, cheers Bob.

Cheers for the reply Bob! Keep an eye on the channel and I'll post some more advanced stuff for sure :)

• Like 1

It's an area in which I'm weak, so I was interested to watch it. Unfortunately, especially on your second example, I really struggled to hear the undelying bar structure as you played. Can I suggest that after you have demonstrated the note sequence, you play with a metronome or backing track to make it more obvious?

David

• Like 2

On 01/11/2018 at 16:02, Mottlefeeder said:

It's an area in which I'm weak, so I was interested to watch it. Unfortunately, especially on your second example, I really struggled to hear the undelying bar structure as you played. Can I suggest that after you have demonstrated the note sequence, you play with a metronome or backing track to make it more obvious?

David

Great idea David! I'll look at adding some backing with metronomes of play alongs to make the form clearer for next time. Cheers for your feedback!

Hugh