Why become a member? ×

Jazz 5 String Pick-ups

theosd

Hi all, 

I have just bought this dandy Squier Precision Standard 5'er (though it has a Fender decal) and was looking to replace the pickups. Upon browsing this forum I saw Entwistle were recommended as a decent budget brand however they don't appear to make a 5 string set of J pickups. As such I was hoping to enlist the ever reliable BC community for a bit of advice?

Regards,

Theo.

IMG_20180904_163216.jpg

I believe that Wilkinson make 5 string jazz pickups, watch out for the overall size and the string spacing though as fender 5 strings are usually 18mm string to string but from memory these basses are more like 19-20mm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt P said:

I believe that Wilkinson make 5 string jazz pickups, watch out for the overall size and the string spacing though as fender 5 strings are usually 18mm string to string but from memory these basses are more like 19-20mm. 

Thanks for your input; I've measured and they are 18mm at the neck pickup, more like 19 at the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Chaddy said:

Seymour Duncan quarter pounders not do? I got a pair for my Yamaha ( and some custom work ) for £75 ( 5 string ) 

you got a fantastic deal there! quarter pounders are at least £60 each, a pair is about 115 if you shop around, great pickups but not really in the same price bracket as wilkinsons and entwhistles

Matt

54 minutes ago, Matt P said:

you got a fantastic deal there! quarter pounders are at least £60 each, a pair is about 115 if you shop around, great pickups but not really in the same price bracket as wilkinsons and entwhistles

Matt

£109 on fleabay! atm lol -  Shop around and can find deals :) - Hell I got a pair of Mexican jazz pickups for a project for £20