Why become a member? ×

SOLD Limelight '71ish Jazz
£800

knicknack

Limelight 70s Jazz in smoke stained white with Blocks & Binding, both black and tortoiseshell scratchplate and a tweed case. Will have vintage strap buttons rather than straplocks. My recent Precisions from him have got me very covered for the moment! I'm sure I could post, please ask! Based in Exeter but all over the shop over the next few weeks. No trades unless a nice 5 string P/J shows up...

3A9EC813-5C21-415E-B93A-88D9F85153EE.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG

IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

IMG_3679.JPG

IMG_3682.JPG

P7060740.jpg

Limelight00150-033-940x705.jpg

Edited by knicknack
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, adamlunt said:

That looks fantastic. I’d have to put a badass on it.

FYI, Fender sells nowadays very cheap, but good "badass" of their own: https://www.thomann.de/fi/fender_hi_mass_bridge_iv_brass.htm?ref=search_prv_5

I've one installed on my limelight '63 jazz and really like it :) Also have one waiting to be installed on my Limelight '62 Precision.

Knicknack has really tempting jazz. I've bad fixation on matched headstocks, but with this one I could make an exception. Let me know if you are willing to ship your jazz abroad(Finland) :)

fender_himass.jpg

6 hours ago, tommorichards said:

My one tiny buggear about it is no 3 point neck plate, but that came out as a solution to poor production, so i guess this wont need it.

3 bolt micro tilt came to Fender Jazzes somewhere around '73-74, so 4 bolt neck joint is period correct for '71...

• Like 2

@Creeper Weirdly I put a proper darker plate on this when I got it, and it really didn't look right for the era! Going back through pictures of the originals it seems Mark got it right (again... I've questioned things with him before and as it turns out when it comes to vintage-correctness he's always right!)