Why become a member? ×

Greetings From Belgium

BlueMoon

Hello fellow bassists,

Another lurker who has finally joined BC and adding to its international audience. Based here in Leuven, Belgium I play in a couple of local cover bands and enjoy music at a hobby level.

I've been at it a few years with notable gaps for family etc, but am now back and enjoying the community. 

My first bass was a 1964 Burns Jazz (still have it) and I have added a few more axes (too many....tell me!!) and other gear over the years (4 and 5 stringers, fretted, fretless, EUB and acoustic double bass).

My main "go-to" bass currently is a 4 string 90's Moon from Japan.

Aside from checking out the various forums on BC I am looking forward to sharing my experiences (good and bad) and helping others if and when I can.

All the best!!

• Like 2

Thanks Ped. 

14 hours ago, ped said:

Welcome! Is your username after the beer? I checked out a local bar yesterday and had a pint of blue moon with a slice of orange. It was really really good. Belgian wheat beer I think. 

No....but we do have some great beers. Imagine living close to Stella Artois and Hoegaarden and you get the picture. The Moon in my username BlueMoon is the bass. 

• Like 1

Hello Blue Moon, and welcome to BC.
On the subject of superb Belgian beers (yes, you have many). I recently discovered a rather nice pub in nearby (ish) Bristol, called "The Strawberry Thief" 
Where I sampled such delights as "Pawel Kwak" (with its' unusual glasses) and Kasteel, among one or three others! ;)
Any BC'ers visiting Bristol - seek the place out, I highly recommend it

On the subject of too many basses, there are quite a few of us on here who "suffer" the same condition! lol
.... and yes, when you start playing upright - this only adds to your collection even further
I too have a P, a P/J, a Jazz, a fretless, a DB, and EUB..... etc etc

So be careful of the marketplace on here - this will only add further to your collection! :)
Welcome to BC and please join in as much as possible

EDIT: I also had a lovely Belgian Coconut beer - was that "Blue Moon"?

Edited by Marc S