Why become a member? ×

Tried a Rickenbacker...

LukeFRC

7 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

Another 4003S?

Nope, a used (2019) fireglo 4003. Its a light one at 9.0 pounds, which solves one of my problems with my previous jetglo 4003 (which was the wrong side of 9.5 pounds). Now that I am more used to the vagaries of the 4003S, lets see if I can cope with the ergonomics of a 4003. We will see. Arrives tomorrow, hopefully

image.thumb.png.b70f7d32bbdb66fafbdd3d4f227fa019.png

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Clarky said:

Nope, a used (2019) fireglo 4003. Its a light one at 9.0 pounds, which solves one of my problems with my previous jetglo 4003 (which was the wrong side of 9.5 pounds). Now that I am more used to the vagaries of the 4003S, lets see if I can cope with the ergonomics of a 4003. We will see. Arrives tomorrow, hopefully

image.thumb.png.b70f7d32bbdb66fafbdd3d4f227fa019.png

I sold my 4003 in December, it was about 9lbs, very nice but convinced meself that I could no longer live with the sharp forearm contour.  Keep hankering for a 4003S but I'm being good at the moment....

1 minute ago, martthebass said:

I sold my 4003 in December, it was about 9lbs, very nice but convinced meself that I could no longer live with the sharp forearm contour.  Keep hankering for a 4003S but I'm being good at the moment....

Look out for an NBD Ric thread coming soon 🤣.

9 minutes ago, martthebass said:

You can just bugger off you can 😝

Choice language and from a mod no less. I’ve never been so ins… oh, hang on… yes I have and far more more vehemently too. As you were, carry on. I’ll just bugger off as requested. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

Choice language and from a mod no less. I’ve never been so ins… oh, hang on… yes I have and far more more vehemently too. As you were, carry on. I’ll just bugger off as requested. :lol:

I was surprised it got through the expletive filter 😆.

'Bugger' is a term of endearment in Yorkshire tha knoes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

After noticing this I suddenly remembered I tried a Rickenbacker in 2018!

Could have been worse, you could have read the thread and suddenly remembered you were buggered in Yorkshire in 1978. 😲

Edited by Richard R
In which case please don't start a thread about it!
  • Haha 1

Lusted after a 4003, borrowed a pal’s to try (he was selling it, funny old thing!) but like many folk here neither he nor I could get on with what we both considered to be its poor ergonomics right arm-wise. I then bought a trans blue 4004 Cheyenne 2, loved the look but again found the sound options woolly and inconclusive, though this was nice to play ergonomically.

I’m now back home safely from Rick exploration with a Jazz Plus, wonderful!