Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Seymour Duncan Double Back Compressor
£80

stevie

This is my Seymour Duncan Double Back compressor. It was the final stop on my compressor quest. A VCA-based unit, it is very solidly build in a cast alloy case. Ovnilabs gives it a very positive review. "The action is smooth and unobtrusive. It can do some moderate peak limiting, though not for extreme cases. There is no loss of highs or lows, and the tone is neutral......I actually think this pedal is a fantastic value for the money!"

This unit sounds really good with guitar as well, but Seymour Duncan have now decided to sell separate models for bass and guitar. The successor model, called the Seymour Duncan Studio Bass, seems to be virtually the same design in a different case and sells for £160.

Only selling because I now have an amp with built-in compression and I am a sucker for convenience. Excellent contition, complete with original box and instructions. £80.

IMG_3914.JPG

IMG_3916.JPG

IMG_3915.JPG

IMG_3943.JPG

Edited by stevie
sp.

These are great compressors, I have one and it is very unobtrusive and the blend ( double back knob ) is great to blend your dynamics back in with the compressed signal.

I have only used mine on the Full Range mode but need to experiment with the Mid Mode one day 

GLWTS

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I'm having to reduce the price again. This is a beautifully made, top quality compressor with lots of features and a great sound. I had a Boss compressor prior to this one and the difference was night and day. Now £60.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Aran, Sorry, but it was sold a couple of hours ago. Twice in fact, as it also sold on eBay (which I had to cancel). I've now amended the header. I know they're not very common, but keep looking for one. It really is a superb compressor.